• Britax--"Brytax"

Votes: 78 73.6%
  • Britax--"Brit-ax"

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Other pronunciation--do tell

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters

BW1426

Signo...I say "sign-o," but have heard others say "sig-no." No idea which is correct.

Chicco...I know the correct way is "keyco" but I still can't break myself of saying "chicco".

Britax...I always used to call in "Bree-tex," but have finally completely trained myself into calling it "Brytax," but have also heard people say "Brit-ax".

So regardless of the right way to say it, how do you say it in your mind?

I would really like to know the proper way to say Signo, if anyone knows.

ADS

HEVY

I say sig-no.
Cheeco, I also know the right way to say it but I won't.
Initially I say brih-tax, now I say it the right way, Breye-tax ;)

canadiangie

It hadn't occured to me that it would be sign-o, lol. I've always said sig-no. I'm interested in hearing the correct way to pronounce it.

I say key-co for Chicco.

I say Gray-co for Graco. (a lot of people call it grack-o)

I say Bry-tax for Britax. (so many people call it brit-ax)

I'd like clarification on Combi though. I say com-bi. But it's occured to me that it might be coam-i... as in silent 'b' like comb. :confused:

And how about Recaro. I say re-car-o, but I've wondered if it's re-care-o.

Anyone know?

I what about Jane. I believe it's haw-nay, but I can never keep it straight... is it haw-nay or yaw-nay?

BW1426

It hadn't occured to me that it would be sign-o, lol. I've always said sig-no. I'm interested in hearing the correct way to pronounce it.

I say key-co for Chicco.

I say Gray-co for Graco. (a lot of people call it grack-o)

I say Bry-tax for Britax. (so many people call it brit-ax)

I'd like clarification on Combi though. I say com-bi. But it's occured to me that it might be coam-i... as in silent 'b' like comb. :confused:

And how about Recaro. I say re-car-o, but I've wondered if it's re-care-o.

Anyone know?

I what about Jane. I believe it's haw-nay, but I can never keep it straight... is it haw-nay or yaw-nay?

I had no idea about Jane. Eh. I like plain Jane better. I think I'll stick with that :p

Recaro is Re-car-o.

How is Peg Perego pronounced? Peg-pear-a-go or Peg-per-(long)a-go

SPJ&E

Okay, I am SO not saying key-co Keyfit. That sounds ridiculous...I'm sticking with the way it looks...chicco. I never thought about it being anything different.

I had no idea about the Jane thing either. I'm still sticking with plain ol' Jane though.

twinsmom

I think it's ha-NAY (but I still have a hard time not calling it "Jane" like the name, because that's what I thought it was before I read that it is "ha-NAY":eek:)

BW1426

Okay, I am SO not saying key-co Keyfit. That sounds ridiculous...I'm sticking with the way it looks...chicco. I never thought about it being anything different.

It's Italian, that's why it's pronounced differently than you'd think. But, I agree, Keyco Keyfit sounds silly.

SPJ&E

It's Italian, that's why it's pronounced differently than you'd think. But, I agree, Keyco Keyfit sounds silly.

Yeah, that's going to be on my mind all night now. I can't believe it's supposed to be pronounced like that. :jaw:

scatterbunny

I think Jane is HAH (like "a-hah" lightbulb moment) NAY.

I used to say Brit-tax (like British). I learned long ago it's actually BRY-tax, though.

I also used to say Chick-o for Chicco, but I learned awhile ago that it's KEY-co. I think KEY-co KeyFit sounds cute. :p

I say SIG-no for Signo. Re-CAR-oh, not Re-CARE-oh.

Definitely GRAY-co, not GRACK-oh.

Peg PEAR-uh-go, not Peg Preggo or however else people say it. :p I used to say Peg Puh-reg-oh. Kind of like Prego, but more emphasis on the first syllable.

Combi, I pronounce like COM-bee. I used to say COMB (silent B)-bee, though.

njkj

Since we are talking about how to say names how do you say Regent?

I can't even think of how i think it is suposed to be :confused::eek:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Who are these lower life forms who say "grack-o"? Seriously. i want to smack all of them.

I learned abotu Bri-tax (long I) soon after coming to the forums..."Key-co" also...and of course it makes sense..it IS Italian, not Spanish or French.

i never knew about Jane until right now...I've only ever seen it written, and not much at that...what country/language makes Jane?

In Italian, Signo should be "seen-yo", but i admit to calling it "sig-no" in my head.

hmm.. a quick run over to Combi's website says "combi" is a shortened form of "combination" so I would think you would say the "b" sound.

re-car-o
Pair uh go..emphasis on the "pair"

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
The Recaro employees I've spoken with on the phone pronounce it Sig-no and Ruh-car-oh, and that's what I say as well because I figure they must know, lol.

skylinphoto

I know chicco is key-co.
I'm terrible and britax is "brit-ax" for me.
Recaro is "ruh-car-o". Go to their website..they say their company name in the flash intro. ;)

I've never even thought about Signo being anything but "sig-no"..in fact, Marilyn from their customer service said "sig-no" when I called last week about the recall... hmmm..

Okay...someone fill me in....HOW is nautilus pronounced? I feel so dumb! lol.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, I know Britax is Bry-tax-- but you know what? I HATE the sound of it pronounced that way. So if I'm talking to someone who knows I might say it right, but with my husband, friends, anyone else who won't care, I say it wrong. So if any of you all meet my husband and he says Britax wrong, it's 'cause I trained him that way... :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC