Parents Magazine

cmm7

November's issue has a whole article on car safety. I can't tell you much about whether or not the actual car things are correct, but they did a pretty good job on covering car seats.

The first page is covered in pictures of children who were killed in car crashes. Two full pages on car safety and then it comes to the car seats. There is a dummy sitting in a Britax seat and an article on the 6 most deadly mistakes. They cover seats fitting in cars, installation, how tight the harness must be, extended rearfacing, using boosters, and how important it is to use the seat correctly all the time.

Next page has a child in an infant seat, but to me it looks like the child is too big for it. Definately less than 1" above the head. Next to that picture it talks about not using seatbelt adjusters and instead use car seats and boosters.

Not too bad of an article. The only thing I would change is they mention LATCH a lot and don't say anything about seatbelts being okay to use. Some parents might think that a loose LATCH install is better than a tight seatbelt.

ADS

Simplysomething

A lot of parents think that the LATCH installs are safer. I did too, until I came to a certain message board and asked about it. (Before I was registered, IIRC).

I'd write them a letter, if I were you, about them neglecting the seat belts. Would have been good if they would have included stuff about locking clips, different kinds of seat belts, etc.

What about winter coats? It's coming up again on my month board for the baby, and it seems that THAT one is one people just don't know. Once you point out WHY, they are like Oh My!...but I'm babbling now.

cmm7

Oh, I forgot about that part. In one part it said something about remembering to tighten straps when you have to loosen them for a reason like a thick coat. :-/ Not good. I think I will write to them. Thanks!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I read the same article and thought the same things. The baby in the picture looked too big for the infant seat, and that thing about loosening the harnesses for thick coats bothered me. I also wished they would've stressed extended rear facing a little more. Maybe we should both write to them! :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC