Pics of the munchkins in the Titan and Chase

xxluckychicxx

DS in the Chase. His stats in my siggy. The pictures are a little deceiving, he's a smidge over the 2nd slot. Excuse the bribery (read: sucker) and the orneriness.

039-1.jpg

041-1.jpg

043-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

051.jpg

Is it me, or does the chest clip look a little too high? It cant go down any higher because of the adjuster.

044-1.jpg

And now, DD in the Titan:

021-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

I like the Titan pretty well, except that the buckle is really long.
027.jpg

Ok, now onto a few questions. I'm trying to figure out a few things.

Here's a list of seats I have to work with:

Regent (DS's main seat)
Chase
Boulevard (DD's main seat)
Como
Marathon
Uptown
Titan

DS and DD both need a seat in my mom's car and DD needs a seat in the ex's car, and then of course they both need a spare seat. Tell me if my plan is good:

? for DS in my mom's car ('98 Accord, no TA)
MA for DD in my mom's car
Uptown for DD in the ex's car
Chase as a spare for DS
Titan as a spare for DD

I dont know what to do for DS in my mom's car though. I'm thinking about selling the Como and getting a Radian (since she doesnt have TA), but I've never messed with one before and dont know how it will install in her car. We also dont have one locally to play with. Or does DS have enough room in the Chase that I should just get another one for my mom's car?

ADS

BW1426

What about selling the como and getting a GN? With your DS's sensory issues I imagine that he'll be in a harness for as long as possible and since you don't need 3 across, I think the GN is just as good of a choice as the radian. But I do recall that you had a GN at one point, was there a reason you disliked it?

NannyMom

The kids are really cute :) Have you asked your Mom to get TAs installed in her car? Honda often does it for free.

Why'd you get a Titan instead of another Uptown or Avenue? Just curious :) My DD outgrew the Titan RF shortly after turning 2. She's now outgrown it FF as well. I wish I'd never bought the seat myself (though I did love it at the time).

Also remember, they may loose another inch of growing room once the seat is installed. I think a GN would be a great choice for your son. But like the pp, I thought you had one and don't remember why you got rid of it :eek:

xxluckychicxx

What about selling the como and getting a GN? With your DS's sensory issues I imagine that he'll be in a harness for as long as possible and since you don't need 3 across, I think the GN is just as good of a choice as the radian. But I do recall that you had a GN at one point, was there a reason you disliked it?

After I typed all of that out I thought of the GN too. The only reason I got rid of our GN was the adjuster strap was fraying badly so I shipped it back and then couldnt decide what seat I wanted, but we ended up with a Regent so that he can be harnessed the longest time possible.

Why'd you get a Titan instead of another Uptown or Avenue? Just curious My DD outgrew the Titan RF shortly after turning 2. She's now outgrown it FF as well. I wish I'd never bought the seat myself (though I did love it at the time).

Because I'm OCD and wanted the kids seats to match :rolleyes:. I know, its stupid. I also liked how the recline foot flipped forward. I was thinking maybe it will eliminate the need for a pool noodle, but I'm probably wrong. I'm still considering returning it... :hitselfonhead: Why, oh why cant I make up my mind?!?!

NannyMom

After I typed all of that out I thought of the GN too. The only reason I got rid of our GN was the adjuster strap was fraying badly so I shipped it back and then couldnt decide what seat I wanted, but we ended up with a Regent so that he can be harnessed the longest time possible.

Because I'm OCD and wanted the kids seats to match :rolleyes:. I know, its stupid. I also liked how the recline foot flipped forward. I was thinking maybe it will eliminate the need for a pool noodle, but I'm probably wrong. I'm still considering returning it... :hitselfonhead: Why, oh why cant I make up my mind?!?!

I've always has to use a noodle or towel with the Titan. But then again, I've always been trying for a 45* angle. I find with the Uptown and Scenera, I don't need a towel or noodle. I can angle it in w/o it.

I think the chest clip on DS looks fine where it is.

Any chance you can measure the top slots of the chase for me? I'm debating on a Chase or a CArgo for a friend.

xxluckychicxx

Any chance you can measure the top slots of the chase for me? I'm debating on a Chase or a CArgo for a friend.

Yeah I can. It will be a bit because I need to go to WalMart and get a tape measure (dont worry, I need one anyways) but I will measure when I get back. I *think* I've read somewhere that it's 17 inches, about the same as the CarGo.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
They are about 17....our vision, which is a chase clone, had nice high slots...one of the only 40-lb seats Dd did NOT grow out of by Height prior to 40 lbs!!

We LOVED our vision(chase) but YES, once you get to the poit where you are using most of the harness strap, the adjuster thingy does ride up really far and makes the chest clip be too high. There really isn't a way to fix it though.

I can install my titan Rfing in my car without a noodle or whatever, but I angle it back and the boot-flippy thing does NOT go in the seat bight,but ends up pushed into the seat back a good 4-5 inches above the bight, if that makes sense? If I put the bottom of the base foot into the seat bight, the angle would be crazy upright.

I love the GN, it is dd's main seat now that she has outgrown the vision.
i think youve probably got a solid year in the chase, possibly as much as 2 years, if his weight doesn't go up much(why can't we have a 48 lb one???) but that wold be IT for the chase.
I'd get the nauti for sure, because he isn't tiny, and one way or another, he IS going to outgrow the chase, be it height or weight, by no later than 4 yo/40 lbs......and so you will end up getting a nauti at that point anyway? right? Unless you feel like you are going to be okay with him being in a booster at that point?? I guess I'd let that be my deciding factor.....

xxluckychicxx

I'd get the nauti for sure, because he isn't tiny, and one way or another, he IS going to outgrow the chase, be it height or weight, by no later than 4 yo/40 lbs......and so you will end up getting a nauti at that point anyway? right? Unless you feel like you are going to be okay with him being in a booster at that point?? I guess I'd let that be my deciding factor.....

Yeah, the child is far from tiny. He rides in a Regent in my car, I just got the Chase as a spare. Lugging the Regent around did not seem appealing. I expect him to be in a harness for a long time because of his sensory issues/behavioral issues. I guess I will sell the Como and either get a Nauti or Radian, more leading towards the Nauti. The Nauti top slots are higher, right?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Yeah, the child is far from tiny. He rides in a Regent in my car, I just got the Chase as a spare. Lugging the Regent around did not seem appealing. I expect him to be in a harness for a long time because of his sensory issues/behavioral issues. I guess I will sell the Como and either get a Nauti or Radian, more leading towards the Nauti. The Nauti top slots are higher, right?

Yes, they are. Depends on the vehicle and install, etc, but most people are getting at least a half inch more harness in the nauti, some as much as an inch+. As a bonus, the nauti tends to install easily in most vehicles, so it tends to be a decent backup-for-different-vehicles seat, despite being a bit heavier than the Cargo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC