Just one week.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Been a great week for picking up old car seats. Don't mind the cats. They come running when we have car seats, but that is a thread for another day! (hopefully soon :whistle:)

IMG_0814.jpg

3 came from a homeless mom. I got her set up with three new seats. She has a car, just no place to live. I rear faced her 18 m old!

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Nice haul. :thumbsup: Looks like you scored a black vinyl or leather clad Evenflo seat in the background for Classicseats to admire. ;) LOL about the cats.

cpsaddict

Oh, nice! I think that "leather" thing is the Eddie Bauer High Back Booster. Ahh, and the lovely Ultara, complete with the wrong chestclip. My cousin that is NINE had that SmartFIT.

mommaon112903

That CarGo in the back looks exactly like what we had for Josef but we got rid of it almost two years ago now, and it would most likely be expired now.

The black leather is awful, who on earth would want that?!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Looks like you scored a black vinyl or leather clad Evenflo seat in the background for Classicseats to admire. ;) LOL about the cats.

Yep, that was what I was thinking. That came out of hopeless mom's car. A case worker gave her that.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Dang! I knew I forgot wsomething! Ok, and I have a baseless evenflo, dang, dang.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I think that's awesome. :D

My daughter thought your cats were our cats, lol. We also have 2 orange tabbies who like to sit in car seats.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Those cats. They come when they are called even. We asked for cats for our farm and were given those two cats. Very friendly, overboard friendly.

canadiangie

Judi,

Does that story ever make me sad. Does the mom and her three kids sleep in the car then? :( Kids sleep in their seats?? :( My heart hurts just thinking about it. Does CPS have any involvement? Up here, a car wouldn't quality as providing basic needs (food, shelter, clothing, etc). Not that I think apprehension is the solution either, but are there any programs in place in your area that she could access? (women's shelter?).

Amazing haul on car seats. I look at that FP and get all warm inside. I'd sure love to see that seat come to life again. It was just so yummy. I just want to reach through the screen and touch the thick stiff harness webbing... and pull back the cover and admire the foam... and grab hold of the metal bars...and...

Mama!

Wow Judi :( Does it break your heart and make you want to DO something? I mean, I'd have had a hard time stopping myself from trying to go overboard :(

tjham

Judi,

I look at that FP and get all warm inside. I'd sure love to see that seat come to life again. It was just so yummy. I just want to reach through the screen and touch the thick stiff harness webbing... and pull back the cover and admire the foam... and grab hold of the metal bars...and...

Yes! I have had to destroy two FPSE seats in the last few months. Just about broke my heart. Best seats ever!

U

Unregistered1

My brother would be so thrilled if we had a collection like that. He gets all excited every time I bring home an expired straggler, because he gets to destroy them for me :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC