Which seat, Which child, FF?

NannyMom

I was planning on loaning my CarGo to a friend of mine. She and her mother will share it for her neice. Neice is 2 years old, and currently in a TB. My friend was talking to me about her seat, and said 'lets go to target and tell me what to get'. I told her I'd just loan her mine as she doesn't have DN often (though maybe Grandma does, I don't know). She said she's really tall, that's all I know.

I was out with another friend tonight and saw her 2 year old DD is over the top slots in her Titan :( We'd talked about her buying a GN and she is going to....in a few months when she has money.

So I am going to loan both friends a seat (for as long as they need it). Which seat should I loan to which child? Or should we buy more? Here is what I have....
2 Sceneras, I measure 15 inches for the top slots (not much pressure on the seat)
1 Uptown, I measure 15.5 inches for top slots (This is my extra seat, and seat I use for Friend2's DD when I have her....not often)
1 Graco Cargo....not sure of top slots as it's not here right now

I also saw a Cargo at Big Lots for $75. I'm not opposed to buying that or another seat under $75. I may also be able to get my hands on an Apex... but DF2's car doesn't have headrests in the center (where she wants DD), and I'm not sure about DF1's car....I think she has an older accord and Grandma has a newer Rav4 maybe.

And for the record, I measured the Titan as having 14 inch top slots and DF2's DD was 1/2- 3/4 inch above the top.

Edit- DF1 has not used carseats much, but is very very excited to get DN out of a booster. DF2 has been using carseats....but the Titan is always too loose and straps twisted. So I'm also looking at ease of use (easier seat for DF2). Sorry, I'm still into RF seats with DD, not a lot of experience with FFseats- except GN).

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Can you try the kids out in the seats? I would do this and see if the seats you have will work. See what seat works best for which kid.

NannyMom

Can you try the kids out in the seats? I would do this and see if the seats you have will work. See what seat works best for which kid.

Ideally, yes :) I'll have to see if I can get DF2 to come with me to DF1's house Sunday (all 3 of us are friends). I'll be giving them both their seats Sunday afternoon. DF1's DN is only in town for the day...they live out of state.

Maybe I'll stop at BigLots tomorrow and pick up that extra Cargo just in case.

NannyMom

How high are the top slots on the Chase? I don't see it listed on carseatdata.

Does the harness adjuster on the Cargo pull nice and smooth like the GN, or does it tend to be a pain like the Scenera?

melniemi

The Cargo has a smooth adjuster - at least mine did. And the top slots are about 17". All my kids outgrew it by weight before height - so far anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC