Why all the new subforums?

Splash

It's getting too confusing (IMO) with all thew new subforums open. It's too hard to know where to put what now, and then threads get moved, locked, reprimanded, removed, and what not if they're in the wrong place. And if we've got carseats chat, selection, and installation, then what goes in the main "car seat" forum anymore? And did medical/TMI need its own subforum?

There are no so many areas that the board is becoming chaotic and difficult to follow. Now I'm almost afraid to post anything at all in any technical forum because I don't want to deal with the post getting moved because it went in the wrong forum. I'm especially really confused what the point of the main "car seat" forum is if you've now broken into so many segments that the front page has no purpose. It's going to be confusing and difficult to navigate and I think a lot of posts will be overlooked and a lot of information not given because people can't find their way around it anymore or don't know what goes where.

ADS

R&J'sMom

:yeahthat: I agree.

It's much easier for me to check one forum then have to spend time going back and forth from subforum to subforum.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
If it pleases you, the Selection forum is invisible again for the time being, whilst I see if the increased number of posts per page is adquate to keep posts on the first page for a day or two in the main forum.

Maedze

*faints*

Wouldya look at that....all posts...all on one page...no switching!

Will wonders never cease!

And Darren, I do think upstairs is better with the selection option invisible/gone/traveling to Disney World, fwiw. It was overwhelming to *me*...I can't imagine what it would be to a newcomer!

See, the thing is, newbies will NOT know about the "new post" button. Hell, I've been on tons of message boards and I STILL don't use it, because I don't want to see all the new posts in all the sections. Sometimes, I just check CM/SCM. Sometimes I just check the main car seat section. Sometimes both, sometimes with the vehicle and news sections as well. I hardly ever check the buy/sell areas. I pick and choose what I like.

With so many subforums, I miss a lot. Now, I'm well versed enough on message boards that if I'm looking for an answer to a question I have, I can start digging or use the search decently. Newbies to message boards are gonna miss a lot cuz they don't know how to fully use all the features of a message board.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
That's why we generally don't move a lot of posts out of the main forum on top. If we do, we usually leave a redirect to where it went.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
If I go up to the car seats forum and announce that I'm not PG, will you move it off to the proper forum please? I wanna to be the first post in a virgin subforum.
:duck:

That's why we generally don't move a lot of posts out of the main forum on top. If we do, we usually leave a redirect to where it went.

While I think that's incredibly helpful, the post won't get bumped so eventually the redirect gets buried.

I guess I'm piping up cuz it bothers me enough on another forum. howardforums.com has TONS of subforums. Drives me crazy cuz you have a whole screen of subforums before you can read the posts in the main general forum. It's just out of control. Basically, things get too scattered and it's too hard for more casual readers to find/post on things.

I think we got a great balance on here right now. Any more starts to feel too much.

brightredmtn

I pretty much only use the "new posts" button.

I've always wished though that our board could look like iVillage where there is a folder heading and then the first 10 or so messages from each folder show up all on the same page.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I pretty much only use the "new posts" button.

I've always wished though that our board could look like iVillage where there is a folder heading and then the first 10 or so messages from each folder show up all on the same page.

Someday, if I find an appropriate plugin or mod, I would like to have an alternative layout that lists each subforum with a list of most recent posts like that. Unfortunately, it isn't an option that I can see in the standard software features.

mommy2env

I am also a "New Post" junkie. That is the best feature there is. :eek:

*I* think the Pregnancy sub forum is going to be a good thing. I bet there will be a whole lot of traffic. lol

How about an "adult" forum? :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC