I want a new true fit!!!! but...

romanoma

I can't wait! I am so upset. I thought early april would be perfect, but I can't wait until june or july. *shakes fist at the sky*!!!

I have a big/older RFer. So with the old true fit and radian 65 on sale, which should I get?

I think the adjuster on the TF might bother me, but I like how upright it is.

I know the radian fits my car, but I was thinking about getting the XT for more SIP but am not sold since there are some negative reviews on the XT. I also don't like how it takes up so much room front to back, but I like the convenience for travel (we don't travel very often, we have a toddler and a baby!!)

*grunt of frustration*

So which should I get?

ADS

ks1978

I like my XT!! I think the adjuster on the old TF would have bugged me too much!
The wings are just there for now, my daughter is in the secund slots RFing, so I have them all the way up still. But I know that eventually we will use them. I also love the padding and the XT colors! I have RIO and the red just looks cool. ( great reason to love a carseat! )

G8r4evr

I so FEEL your frustration. I go so tired of waiting, I went ahead and bought a Symphony, with the intention of buying the new TF when it finally debuts! LOL It at least took the edge off my craving for a new seat.

fyrfightermomma

Radian hands down (if you know it installs). I've always HATED the Radian since I got one for my impala back in the day (it was a 65).

I had a True Fit for about 4 months. I just couldn't love it RFing. The adjuster was too low, it was too wide (my kid couldn't rest her head on the side wings) and I hated the continuous harness RFing (for some reason I was ok with it FFing)

I got an XT when they first came out. I have a different car now so I thought I'd give it a shot. I also got a 65 at the same time both with the new features. Honestly, it's my favorite rear facing seat right now. So much room, so easy to buckle, so easy to tighten, and I do like the SIP as long as your kiddo is big enough to use the wings (i think it's stupid for smaller kids, but don't get me started)

So if your child is already over about age 1, the wings will be fine. I do like the XT, but like the 65 just fine too.

I probably will keep this as my new RFing seat. As long as it has the new features, I think you will like it. I just couldn't stand the old ones!

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I bought a TrueFit for my RF'er and promply returned it the next day. I just didn't like it at all. I don't like continuous harness, the harness adjuster was a pain to get to (and I have very small hands), but most people seem to love the seat.

He's now in an XT which I like more and more everyday. I didn't like it at first, but I had no prior experience with a radian and I think there is a bit of a learning curve. He has tons of RF'ing leg room, especially with the bottom so flat. I love the wings since my DS is big enough to use them.

gooeysmom

The Radians look like they don't have any place for the child to rest his/her arms. The seat sides are just so low. Add the hefty price tag and that's why I haven't purchased one. I was very interested in the XT with the SIP and the 80lb harnessed weight limit! That's great! Just what I'm looking for! For those of you who love your Radians, they must be comfortable for your child. And do you think your child will last to 80lbs in the seat? Does the Radian recline? They don't offer much info on their web site. Also, on Amazon I saw two comments about the tether strap being so long that it got caught under the tires of their vehicle and pulled the car seat injuring their child. Two different people said that! Any comments? My baby is still only 6 months old, but is getting heavy in her heavy Companion so I'm researching and looking. So far I'd narrowed it down to the True Fit and the Symphony. She is comfortable in both. I have a Jetta to which is tight!

Last edited:

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
No way will either of my sons make it to 80lbs in the harness of the XT. They will outgrow it by height long before. But, I didn't get the XT for the harness capacity, I got it for the wings.

I've never thought about the lack of armrests, I guess that just isn't a big deal to me and my DS has never complained.

I don't really know what to say about the tether strap getting caught in the tire. Yes, mine is pretty long as well, but I don't let it just hang loose all over the place. After I tether and tighten, I roll up the extra and place a rubber band around it. I think the freak accidents of the long tether straps sounds more like people not paying attention to where the extra strap was rather than an acutal design problem.

gooeysmom

I didn't realize that the True Fits in the stores and online now are phasing out. Are they going to be releasing an updated version soon? Is seems as if people are waiting for the new release! I hadn't heard of this or seen anything on their web site.

gooeysmom

I like the head wings on the XT too but my 6 month old would be too small to benefit. That's why I like the Symphony. She fits in the wings. And I already know I want her harnessed to 80lbs so I'd be buying another seat at some point anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC