Figures, going to have to destroy a less than 2 month old seat

glockchick

I've just been shot in the ass with luck lately. :p After all the trouble I went to to get a great DOM, I was in an accident Wednesday. I had the 3 little kids with me and a friend and her son. Everyone is fine.

My 4 year old was ff in the BLVD (DOM 2-19-09 :crying:). My 2 year old was ff in the MA, my 1 year old was rf in the KF, and my friend's son was in a hb TB.

Obviously all the seats need to be replaced.

I'm getting MAs for the 2 littles. Abigail will either get a Frontier or a hbb, I haven't decided yet. I'm not sure what to replace the TB with. Maybe a Vivo? I'd like another PW but since they're not making them anymore I don't see that happening.

ADS

glockchick

Not really bad, but I still want the seats replaced. The front bumper is messed up, my blinker is missing, and the right side quarter panel is crumpled. Abigail does have a mark on her neck from where the harness rubbed on impact so that tells me it was enough to stress the seats. The estimate we got yesterday was $2700, but that was just upon visual inspection without taking anything apart.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Britax would not likely require all the seats to be replaced. They go by the NHTSA criteria for replacement.

Splash

Yeah, I think it would be pointless to replace them, especially the unoccupied ones. My kids gets rub marks on his neck from leaning forward to try and open the window, I certainly don't think that stresses the seat at all.

glockchick

They were all occupied and insurance is cutting me a check for them.

I don't know how fast I was going at the point of impact, but I started braking from about 70.

cryswilkins

If you two year old is over the RF weight of the MA and you don't have any plans to RF them again, I would get a FF only seat for them.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Yikes! Glad everyone was okay!!!!
i do agree...if you can't aren't going to RF,might as well get a frontier/nauti,etc for the 2 year old, and it will last the entire rest of her harnessing needs...and in the case of the frontier, possibly her boostering needs as well.
i don't remember...do you have huge kids? Does the 4 yr old not have any/very little harnessing time left in a frontier/nauti? If that is the case, I guess a really good booster would be a good choice, however, I'd certainly go for a harnessed option if possible.

Is it wrong I'm sitting here having a wonderful time imagaining a check cut to me to go buy new seats with?...LOL

hsjwmom

I'm glad everyone is OK and that the insurance company isn't going to hassle you about replacing the seats. I agree with the PPs that if you don't plan to rf your 2yo, to get her a GN or Frontier. I don't think I would get a hbb for the 4yo. If she still fits the BV, I would imagine she would still have plenty of harness room in a GN or Frontier. As for the Turbo you are replacing, what about a Monterrey? It looks so cushy...:)

Oh, don't forget to salvage the covers if the insurance company will let you! Waste not, want not. :whistle:

glockchick

Yikes! Glad everyone was okay!!!!
i do agree...if you can't aren't going to RF,might as well get a frontier/nauti,etc for the 2 year old, and it will last the entire rest of her harnessing needs...and in the case of the frontier, possibly her boostering needs as well.
i don't remember...do you have huge kids? Does the 4 yr old not have any/very little harnessing time left in a frontier/nauti? If that is the case, I guess a really good booster would be a good choice, however, I'd certainly go for a harnessed option if possible.

Is it wrong I'm sitting here having a wonderful time imagaining a check cut to me to go buy new seats with?...LOL

My 2 year old is right at 33 lbs or so. I'd love to get her a Frontier or a Nauti, but then the two kids that sit on either side of her won't have enough room. I have to have the MA size seats in the middle of both rows.

I can get my 4 year old a Frontier (like the headrest better than the Nauti one). I haven't decided what I'll do for her yet. She liked the blvd except for the fact that the crotch buckle hurt her getting out of the seat. She'd kind of slide her butt forward over it to climb out. She'll be 5 in June.

I'd love to try a Monterey, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit. I may get an airbooster. It has to go in the 3rd row beside the MA. The TB barely fit and I had to reach my hand in between the seats to buckle it as it was.

I'm currently using my backup seats and a friend's old alpha omega so I don't have to rush anything. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC