Help me please!!

lovinwaves

Ok, I don't know about any other strollers besides Graco. Sad I know.. I am just starting to research these "higher end" models. Like Peg, Mac, etc...

I have a Graco Duoglider I want to sell. It is in Excellent Condition.

Question 1: How much could I get for it? It is about a year old. Here it is http://store.babycenter.com/product/double_strollers/4909?stage=

Question 2: I dont' want to spend more than I make onthis stroller once I sell it. If I have to though, no more than $50. So what is my next stroller?

Kids age and weights are in my siggy below.

THANK YOU!!! :D

ADS

lovinwaves

One more thing. I am kind of a try it before you buy it kind of gal. So if it something BRU has that would be great! But if you guys know of a stroller that isn't sold at BRU, and know for sure it is an AWESOME stroller that is ok too. In the end though I will probably buy online, just because of good deals

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Hi Melissa! You can do a search of completed listings on ebay to see what you could get for your Duoglider. You go to 'advanced search' and then type in 'graco duoglider' and check the box for 'completed listings only'. Thats what I always do with things that I have to sell. As far as what kind of stroller to get next, I'm as clueless as you are on the higher end strollers, but know that I want to have one for my next baby (babies?) someday. Do you think you want another double or a single or something like this http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...7091803?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BMJ6VG? Or there are things like this http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1/602-9497484-7091803?ie=UTF8&asin=B000EN1K0C to hook onto a single stroller for your DD, but both of these are a little pricey, so it would take some shopping around. Have fun researching and shopping, and let me know what you decide!

lovinwaves

I think I am leaning more towards the Maclarens. I am just wondering to what weight they will hold. Is it 40 or 55 pounds. And is the weight max different on all of their strollers.

I do like the idea of the Peg with the stand on the back, but that is out of our price range.

I always wonder about those buggy boards getting in your footing way?

lovinwaves

Ok misunderstanding. Once I sell my Duoglider I will have that money PLUS the $50. So I have my duo listed for $140 right now. I doubt I will get that but it is a good place to start for talking me down. :)

Anywho, do all Mac's have a weight limit of 55lbs?

Those of you who have or have had two kids around my kids ages would you just get a really nice lightweight, or get the Joovy Caboose, or Sit N Stand.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Personally, my 1st choice would be the Joovy. The Sit N Stand would be my second choice. It seems that the older kids want to ride frequently, but also want to be able to get in & out easily, so that they can walk when they want to and ride when they don't feel like walking. The Sit N Stand & The Joovy both hold 45 lbs per seat, which is pretty good, but not as good as the Mac's 55 lbs. But, still, my DS #1 is almost 5 and isn't even 40 lbs, and he hasn't used a stroller since he was 3 (I suppose this could be because I had 2 other little ones by then so, in a sense, he got kicked out of our DuoGlider!) so I think the 55 lb weight limit probably isn't necessary. My almost 5 yr old would LOVE being able to ride on something like the Joovy Caboose, though. I think you'd get alot of use out of either of them. But, if you got the Sit N Stand, you could probably get an extra lightweight (cheaper) single stroller, too. I always have a hard time deciding what to get when it comes to baby equipment - there are too many choices!

lovinwaves

Personally, my 1st choice would be the Joovy. The Sit N Stand would be my second choice. It seems that the older kids want to ride frequently, but also want to be able to get in & out easily, so that they can walk when they want to and ride when they don't feel like walking. The Sit N Stand & The Joovy both hold 45 lbs per seat, which is pretty good, but not as good as the Mac's 55 lbs. But, still, my DS #1 is almost 5 and isn't even 40 lbs, and he hasn't used a stroller since he was 3 (I suppose this could be because I had 2 other little ones by then so, in a sense, he got kicked out of our DuoGlider!) so I think the 55 lb weight limit probably isn't necessary. My almost 5 yr old would LOVE being able to ride on something like the Joovy Caboose, though. I think you'd get alot of use out of either of them. But, if you got the Sit N Stand, you could probably get an extra lightweight (cheaper) single stroller, too. I always have a hard time deciding what to get when it comes to baby equipment - there are too many choices!

Thanks so much for your input. My main problem is DD is so SLOW at walking. She also gets easily distracted. She isn't necessarily good about staying near me either. She will bolt if she sees something she likes. She is getting better at that though. When I am trying to get from point a to point B across the WHOLE mall quickly, having her in a stroller will really come in handy. Yeah, I may purchase a cheaper or used lightweight. That's a great idea!

abacus2

Well, I think you're dreaming with your asking price as new DuoGliders are on sale at BRU for less than $140. I would guess $50-70 is more realistic. That said, I really liked the Sit-N-Stand I tried out at Target ($120). I liked it better than the Jovvy Caboose that tries so hard to stay small that there are no parent cupholders and there's really not much room for the kid in the back. If you want one of the fancier strollers in your price range, I think you'll have to find a used one.

lovinwaves

Well, I think you're dreaming with your asking price as new DuoGliders are on sale at BRU for less than $140. I would guess $50-70 is more realistic. That said, I really liked the Sit-N-Stand I tried out at Target ($120). I liked it better than the Jovvy Caboose that tries so hard to stay small that there are no parent cupholders and there's really not much room for the kid in the back. If you want one of the fancier strollers in your price range, I think you'll have to find a used one.

I paid almost $200 for my Duoglider. It is their elite model of Duogliders. We'll see about the $140. I sold my two year old Graco Quattro Tour Travel System for $130.00 a couple of months ago. Some people told me that would never happen, but I actually had quite a few email on it. I would guess around 10 email before I had the listing deleted. I think we only paid $170 for it.

Something is only worth what someone will pay for it. So I am keeping my fingers crossed :)

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I hope it sells for a decent price. Unfortunately it is not well liked by alot of people and I think that may be more where the other poster was coming from? Sadly on alot of online forums they have a reputation of being heavy and hard to steer and are very often no recommended. I kind of liked mine when I had a newborn and 2 year old though! I think strollers can be like used cars, the bells and whistles don't really help the value for resale. Plus shipping it could be tough and expensive...or are you selling it locally that may help. Good luck though and I hope it sells for a great price. Feel free to post a new thread with it for sale to get some more exposure.

Have you looked at the Chicco SBS umbrella strollers? Or even the Kidco as someone else suggested? Macs are going to run you around $200 even on ebay, you might also try stroller swap group on yahoo?

lovinwaves

I hope it sells for a decent price. Unfortunately it is not well liked by alot of people and I think that may be more where the other poster was coming from? Sadly on alot of online forums they have a reputation of being heavy and hard to steer and are very often no recommended. I kind of liked mine when I had a newborn and 2 year old though! I think strollers can be like used cars, the bells and whistles don't really help the value for resale. Plus shipping it could be tough and expensive...or are you selling it locally that may help. Good luck though and I hope it sells for a great price. Feel free to post a new thread with it for sale to get some more exposure.

Have you looked at the Chicco SBS umbrella strollers? Or even the Kidco as someone else suggested? Macs are going to run you around $200 even on ebay, you might also try stroller swap group on yahoo?

See, I don't get why the Duoglider gets such a bad rap. I loved my glider. Yes like EVERY stroller it had its cons, but it worked beautifully for my two kids. I still love it to this day and am reluctant to sell it. I have never really been exposed to higher end strollers though. I don't know of any other stroller that would have done what my duo did for the same price? I have never had problems manuverving it or getting it in the back of my car.

Anyhoo, I think I sold it this morning!!! :)

DH and I are going to take the kids to BRU later today or tomorrow to start test driving. I am pretty set on the JOOVY caboose, unless someone one here can tell me why not to buy this. The mac's are ok, pricey, but I am wanting something incase my little one gets tired. And like i said before she is REALLY slow at walking. I would like the PEG, with the rider plate on the back, but the price is to high.

I don't want to have to ship the duo so I have it listed locally on my Craigslist.

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Whohoo Congratulations, happy stroller shopping :) Definately don't pay BRU prices for a P3 you can get one for much less especially on ebay. Mine worked well for our 2 and 4 yr old but the steering stinks compared to the Quest!

lovinwaves

Yeah, DH and I are definitely against ever buying a major purchase at BRU. We are online buying kind of people!! Thank for the advice though.

See another prob I have is on all of the reviews of the MAc some, well alot of people complain about kicking the back of the stroller when they are walking. Some also complain about it not being for taller people. I am 5' 9.5" and DH is about 5'10" or 5'11", so that would definitely be an issue.

Anybody have anything to say about this?

lovinwaves

I'm 5 ft 8 and when I tested the Quest I didn't have any trouble with kicking it.

What are these people talking about then? Some of the women were even like 5' 6"????

I can't wait, I am so excited about getting a "NICE" stroller for the first time!!!!! I hope the Mac works, because I think I would really like it. That Joovy caboose is awefully appealing with two kids though!

Yoshi

I personally LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Quest, and I presume the Maclaren double would also be great. I do not kick mine, but I am only 5'5. (I did kick the Pliko, though) I seem to remember from this forum, actually that one of the BIG cons of the Sit n' Stands and Joovy caboose were that the front seat cannot recline at all if you have a rider on the back.
I am just curious why if you loved your Duo Glider and it worked well for you- why did you sell it? Higher end gear isn't neccessarily a better choice than Graco if the latter suits your needs.

I had 2 Graco's and I loved them to death but my daughter is 38" and 35 lbs at 3.5 (still needs a stroller) and was too tall for the seat, her legs too long (feet dragged on the ground:( ) and too heavy for one of them. I had an Inglesina Espresso, but for the price it wasn't worth it, had an awful canopy, sold that one on ebay, I got the Pliko because everyone raved about it- the only good thing was that it had a very tall, wide seat area and my daughter could sleep in it like a champ- and the canopy was the hugest, with complete coverage. But it was all plasticky looking and huge in my outback wagon cargo area, heavy:eek: , hard to steer and so I sold that too.

My husband just smiles and welcomes each new stroller as a temporary guest in our family! :p (And I never tell him the price!)

Definitely try out the Maclarens- the 55lb weight limit means it will still steer you kid around easily- which makes a HUGE difference!
Happy stroller shopping!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC