Witnessed at the gas station

Splash

Small car, Honda Accord or Civic. In the back seat was a Regent with the pink and yellow cover (Madison?) and a RF MA in Ashley Floral. I was stoked to see these seats, mostly because I rarely see Britax in use and especially one that had to be sought out and ordered (owing to the covers). BOTH seats had the straps in the third slots, so bigger kids in them. I went in to pay, and when I came out mom was loading her ~3 year old daughter into the marathon:jaw:

I made a comment like "wow, nice to see an older kid rear-facing" and she told me that her pediatrician told her it was safest!

So I was totally shocked to see it in real life, and even more shocked that a pediatrician planted the seed! :thumbsup:

ADS

solmama

Wow. That's great! I once saw a Mazda 5? with 3 Radians across the backseat. In Nebraska. Strange.

zeo2ski

OOOOwwwie! That's awesome. I'm glad you said something to her to reinforce her efforts.

This week at walmart I saw a RFing EFTA, pretty upright. I thought oh that's nice, probably a 9-12 mos old. But then I looked in and there was also an infant base, so the EFTA was most likely for a toddler--and there was a Frontier in the third row! Then yesterday I passed a cowmoo MA coming the other way:love:

Splash

That's so (awesomely) bizarre that a pediatrician recommended it!

My pediatrician (well, ARNP, but we :love: her and never see the doctor if it can be at all avoided) told us that Sam needs to be rear facing "well, legally until he's one, but basically forever until you can't cram him in there anymore." I laughed at her, she rolled her eyes at me and said "It's my responsibility to tell you that, but you already know."

Ali

That's great! I've seen 3 toddlers RF in the last few months. I've never been in a position to say :thumbsup: to the parents, but I'm glad it's starting to get around!

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
My pediatrician (well, ARNP, but we :love: her and never see the doctor if it can be at all avoided) told us that Sam needs to be rear facing "well, legally until he's one, but basically forever until you can't cram him in there anymore." I laughed at her, she rolled her eyes at me and said "It's my responsibility to tell you that, but you already know."

That's so cool. I would love to find a doctor or NP like that. Our pediatrician asked me when my son was a little over a year old if he was in a FF harnessed seat. When I told her that both he and my older daughter were still RF, she just gave me a blank look. I think she was mentally adding the whole RFing thing to her list of Crazy Things This Wacky Mother Does.

Splash

That's so cool. I would love to find a doctor or NP like that. Our pediatrician asked me when my son was a little over a year old if he was in a FF harnessed seat. When I told her that both he and my older daughter were still RF, she just gave me a blank look. I think she was mentally adding the whole RFing thing to her list of Crazy Things This Wacky Mother Does.

I love Heidi. Charlie loooooves Heidi. Charlie would gladly abandon us forever to live with Heidi. Is it possible for a 3 year old boy to have a crush? Because he loves Heidi. He wants to see her, draws her pictures, buy her things, spend time with her. She is fabulous. The most wonderful doctor ever. Not a doctor (which is even better that she isn't!) but Charlie refuses to call her anything but doctor Heidi, so we let it go. There are so many times when she's giving us "the talk" about things that she says something along the lines of "solid food bla bla bla, breastmilk you know this, tylenol don't waste my breath, foreskin why bother, dentist yeah..." She listens to us, trusts us, trusts our children. She is the most refreshingly wonderful health care provider there could ever be. If she ever moved, we'd probably pack up and follow. I will NEVER let her go!

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I love Heidi. Charlie loooooves Heidi. Charlie would gladly abandon us forever to live with Heidi. Is it possible for a 3 year old boy to have a crush? Because he loves Heidi. He wants to see her, draws her pictures, buy her things, spend time with her. She is fabulous. The most wonderful doctor ever. Not a doctor (which is even better that she isn't!) but Charlie refuses to call her anything but doctor Heidi, so we let it go. There are so many times when she's giving us "the talk" about things that she says something along the lines of "solid food bla bla bla, breastmilk you know this, tylenol don't waste my breath, foreskin why bother, dentist yeah..." She listens to us, trusts us, trusts our children. She is the most refreshingly wonderful health care provider there could ever be. If she ever moved, we'd probably pack up and follow. I will NEVER let her go!

That is adorable that Charlie loves Heidi so much! After reading about her, I can see why! In both my personal experience and message-board-lurking experience, it seems rare to find a health care provider who is so wonderful about so many issues, especially all at once.

mom2juliarose

That's awesome! Here in So Cal I do see a ton of Britaxes, but NEVER a Regent. One day when I was leaving church late, DD's Little Church teacher (who has an almost-5-year-old) was loading her DD into a Regent and I just HAD to stop and say, "Hey, we have the same seat!" I'm most excited because her daughter and DD will be in the same class... so whenever DD starts complaining about being in a 5-point, I can just remind her that her friend C is in one, too!

MommyBoha

I think I might faint if I ever saw another ERF kid besides mine. Ive also never seen a Regent, other than ours. I did talk a couple out of buying one though....for thier 6 month old...:eek:

The only time I ever see Britax seats are the rare few I see at the Drs office.

AtTheSouthDam

It all Britaxs here, Marathons galore. Honestly, it was one of the reasons I got rid of mine. I want something different :D
I see at least one Regent a week but I have yet to see ERF. Most of the babies around here are flipped between 10 and 12 months.

flutie128

My DD will an ERFer in 33 days which will make her 1 year and 1 day old at that time. I was just glad at her 9 month appointment the Dr said she needed to be rfing until at least 18 months. I told him she would be until the limits of the seat.

niccig

That's so (awesomely) bizarre that a pediatrician recommended it!

My ped didn't mention car seats at all when DS turned 1yo. But at the 4 yo check up, he asked if he was in a harness or in a booster. I said harness. And then the Dr. gave me the talk about keeping him in a harness and don't rush to a booster, and even quoted some research about kids under a certain height having more injuries etc. I was surprised :eek:and didn't have a chance to tell him that I'm up on all this stuff, as a nurse knocked on the door and he had to go.

I'm sure he already knows about the AAP recommendation to RF until 2 yo. We had some stomach/GI issues when DS was under 1 and he called one day to say he had just read an article about babies on reflex meds, and wanted us to try some different things. He even contacted the author to tell him he had a patient with similar issues to what was in the article.

Like Splash, I think we would move to follow our ped.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC