anyone need a cell phone with a brand new prepaid SIM card?

LuvBug

I just upgraded my phone by getting a prepaid phone at walmart and switching out the SIM card so Im left with my used phone and a brand new SIM card that hasn't been activated yet.
Its a nokia 6010 for t-mobile. It was used for about 8 months and is a really good phone. It has a few light scratches on the cover but other than that its fine. I'll get a photo but I just wanted to see if there was interest first.
The SIM card has never been opened and just needs to be activated to a number. Activating it will give you $10 in startup minutes, which I believe is 40 minutes at 25 cents a minute.
As far as prepaid phones go, tmobile has the best deal. If you buy a $100 card(or the same amount in smaller cards and call it in to have it set up as a $100 card) it will give you 1000 minutes(10 cents a minute) and a year(365days) expiration date instead of the usual 90 days like everyone else. It also makes any money already in your account go to .10 as well. So if you got a $100 card and activated it you would have 1100 minutes that wouldnt expire for a year. The minutes rollover as well, every time you refill it keeps the minutes you have and gives you a new expiration date according to the new amount added.
If you dont want to do the $100 card each time they have a rewards program that gives you 15% back once you've reached the gold rewards goal of $100 worth of refills made to the account.
It comes with the earpiece and wall charger. Im pretty sure I have the original paperwork so I will try to find it and the SIM card comes with paperwork that is unopened along with the SIM.
Asking $25 shipped standard mail.

ADS

Morganthe

If only....
I hadn't broken down 5 months ago and purchased a Net10 (10cents anywhere) phone, I'd be lining up for yours. It sounds like heaven. :D I didn't realize that just because I purchased minutes, I had an expiration date to worry about. :mad: I've never dealt with cell phones here in the US and I didn't want to pay the standard $35-40 monthly fee for a subscription.

The phone system died on me a month ago (01/01/01 exp & 0.0 minutes). Net10 did send me a brand new phone and credited me 100 extra minutes (total 700), but I would never go with them again if I had a choice. Calling into their 'service center' is a terrible connection to (I'm assuming because of 3 different accents) to India. They are very nice and professional, but getting a hold of a human, dealing with the horrible echos or static, and the annoying exp. date is not worth the hassle. If hubby hadn't needed it for standby & travel, I would have happily remained out of the cell phone race :p

LuvBug

sounds awful.
yeah net 10 does 10cents anyway but they I hate being trapped by an expiration date, they are always like 30-60-90 days which isnt enough time for me to use up many minutes. I just dont use my phone much. It will probably be on t he 9 month mark before I actually use up my 1000 minutes I got back in january.

skaterbabs

that's what I like about Virgin. Yeah, the minutes do expire (in 90 days), BUT you can buy then in very small increments so it's not an issue. (We do about $10 a week.)

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I use T-Mobile, and I've been very pleased with them. You do have to watch it, because their service areas seem much smaller than many others, but you can't beat the price if you live where the phone works (I do).

Lara

I use t-moible too, and like it. I find that basically the only places I don't get good service is out in the middle of nowhere. As far as I know they have they have the best value for pay as you go (which is what I have).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC