List of vehicles with no-touching-the-front-seat warnings

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I'm looking to compile a list of vehicles that warn against stuff touching the front seat.

Please list:

Make/ Model/ Year of vehicle

Exact wording and description of diagrams pertaining to the warning

Section of the vehicle manual warning is in

Bonus points for anyone that calls the vehicle manufacture and gets any additional info.

ADS

Chameleon

2005 Toyota Sienna

I'm not sure of the page, but it's in the child restraint section of the Vehicle manual. I'll look tomorrow.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
2005 Toyota Sienna

I'm not sure of the page, but it's in the child restraint section of the Vehicle manual. I'll look tomorrow.

It's in the airbag section on page 127, right before the beginning of the child restraint section. Here's a picture of the page from our '05 Sienna's manual:

siennamanualpage127.jpg

The same warning against touching the front seatbacks is also in the airbag section of the owner's manual for our '08 Scion xB. I suspect it's in the manual for any Toyota branded vehicle or Toyota parent-branded vehicle (Scion and Lexus) with advanced frontal airbags. :twocents:

CaseyRN

'04 Toyota Highlander

I think it is in the airbag section as well. I know that at first I didn't see anything b/c I was just reading the child restraint section but then reading more into the manual I found it.

musicmaj

I know that my 04 ody had that warning. Sorry, I don't have the van anymore so can't post more info.

Pixels

My brother's 08 Honda Fit has the warning. I believe it's in either the airbag or cargo section, not child restraints.

canadiangie

2007 Honda Pilot
2007 Toyota CRV
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

The first two are the most recent checks I've done. The warnings were in the airbag section. I'm sorry I can't quote the manual, don't have access to it anymore.

The Mitsu is our car. The warnings are in the CR section, as well as in the airbag section. I'd quote the wording but dh took his car this morn.

/I'm soooo interested in getting a list compiled. I really do think this is something that's LATCH manual worthy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC