What are all the seats with top slots as tall or taller than the Radians?

Holly

I'm trying to decide what seat I want to buy next, even though it will be a few months before I'll be getting one.
I wont NEED one until my ds outgrows the keyfit, but I'm thinking I'll probably switch him to a convertible this fall even if he still fits in the keyfit then.

Anyway, my plan up til now has been to get another Radian, so both my dd's will have a radian, and I'd move the baby to the FPSVD. We're going out of town tonight, so I just washed the covers on the seats, we cleaned the car, and I installed them all again yesterday. I was once again reminded that I hate installing the Radian with the seatbelt (LATCH was so easy, but I can't do that in the middle, and, I need to use seatbelts anyway since I need as much space as possible for my 3 across.)

I still might get another Radian, if there aren't any better options.
I need something that will fit in my car with a radian and fpsvd, but I want the top slots to be at least as tall as the Radians. Anything new come out lately, or will be coming out in a few months? (I havent read or posted in this area of the boards since before ds was born, havent had the time to read more that just a little bit of the community forum.)

ADS

Pixels

Do you know if you can use LATCH outboard on a Radian with another Radian in the middle? Just eyeballing your RN/FPSVD makes me think you might be able to get away with it. They're not super puzzled in your siggy.

BW1426

Why not get something like the Avenue. With the spacing of your children, it's unlikely that you'll need 3 HWH seats at once. The Avenue should easily get you to 3 years old and it will likely last longer.

Why not get something like the Avenue. With the spacing of your children, it's unlikely that you'll need 3 HWH seats at once. The Avenue should easily get you to 3 years old and it will likely last longer.

I was just going to recommend that unless one of the oldest will outgrow the FPSVD fast.

Pixels

Holly, to answer your basic question (what new seats have you missed hearing about since DS was born), the answer is only one, and it's just a rumor at this point, though a pretty credible one. Graco is releasing a HWH seat with a 40 pound RFing limit. Most recent thread.

emandbri

If a nautilus will fit it would be a good choice. Still another radian would also work. I can't post a link because i'm on my iPod but if you do a search on threads I've started there is one titled "would this bug you" and it has a picture of Benjamin in a radian and frontier and he seems to have MORE room in the radian! Very odd.

arly1983

If a nautilus will fit it would be a good choice. Still another radian would also work. I can't post a link because i'm on my iPod but if you do a search on threads I've started there is one titled "would this bug you" and it has a picture of Benjamin in a radian and frontier and he seems to have MORE room in the radian! Very odd.

This was my experience as well in SOME cars. In my MIL's, he clearly has more room in the Nautilus but in the 3rd row of my van, they (Nautilus, Frontier, Radian) it was all about the same...Strange, very strange. :whistle:

Holly

My dd's both have the same torso height so they will likely outgrow seats at the same time, so I'd want the tallest slots possible that will fit 3 across. I know I could get a Marathon in there with the Radian and fpsvd, but since another radian would fit too, I'd rather do that for the extra height.

Splash

I'd go with an Avenue, or possibly a Graco Cargo. The Avenue is just as tall as the MA, so not quite as tall as the RN but close, and your kids are unlikely to need THAT much height, especially if you put Joshua in the Avenue, by the time he is too tall for that one or both of the girls will be in boosters or you'll have another vehicle.

Holly

Hey, just thinking about it again today, and isn't the true fit as tall or taller than the radian? How would it fit in a 3 across?
I think I might go with another marathon over a radian, because if people take my kids for any reason, my fpsvd and a ma would be easy to switch back and forth out of cars. I wouldnt trust anyone else but me to get the radian in tight enough anywhere.
Oh, and I think my kids might last in it longer than I thought. They both still fit in the scenera. Hannah will be 4 this year, and I only HAVE to get her harnessed to 5, although to 6 would be even better.

Splash

A TF will not likely fit 3 across. It is very wide, almost as wide as a Regent. You can get another FPSVD at albee for $109 right now.

Spam

Depending on your vehicle the TF might work w/ 2 radians. I can fit it in with a blvd and como, but it pushes on the door slightly. It totally fits on the seat, just touches the door at the top. So with two radians and depending on your backseat, it *might* work. Try before you buy :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC