My DD in a GN Rachael

babygirlsmom1005

We went to Target today to get a few things and saw the GN there and decided to try it out with my daughter which will be getting a new seat this fall when her brother to be get's her Recaro Como passed down to him. I have been going back and forth about either then GN or the Frontier (haven't checked out the Frontier yet, they didn't have one there to play with), but I don't think the GN would last her that long as a harness seat. She is 3.5 years old, 31 - 32 lbs fully dressed and 37.5 inches tall (IDK her torso height off the top of my head). She's on the 3rd slots down and there isn't that much of the adjustment strap in the front left to adjust the harness (est around 6 inches, maybe less?). I cannot see how this would get up to 65 lbs?

Anyway, pic time, I do adore the Rachael cover on it, reminds me of her Blush cover on her Como.....I can truthfully see her lasting a lot longer in the Como...(sorry for small and crummy pic, taken with cell phone)

tn.jpg
tn1.jpg

ADS

AlmostFive

The harness length on the nautilus can be deceiving. No matter which slot the harness is threaded through, it is routed up and over the red rollers. Clear as mud?;) Because of that, you actually gain harness length as the child grows.

babygirlsmom1005

The harness length on the nautilus can be deceiving. No matter which slot the harness is threaded through, it is routed up and over the red rollers. Clear as mud?;) Because of that, you actually gain harness length as the child grows.

Yeah I adjusted it while I was there (took my pregnant brain a few mins to figure out how to do it, never played with anything like that before)....but that does make clear as mud sense - LOL. OK it may not be out of the running, I'm planning a trip to BRU later this week to play with a Frontier....

ETA: for those that have this seat, is this a good seat for lower bench seats? My 92 Surburban doesn't have headrests in the bench seats in the 2nd or 3rd row....I'm looking for long term here. I heard the Frontier head wings are metal?

zactayaus

I have both the GN and the Frontier. I personally think the headrest on the GN is strurdier than the headrest of the Frontier.

mburks26

I think your dd should have plenty of room my dd who will be 4 in June is 42-43lbs and 42 inches tall shes on the 2nd from the top shes got one more harness height to go. When I 1st got the seat about yr ago she was on the 3rd from the top.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC