MY XT Pics.. + Question

Blondie87

So I have a few pics.. and questions for those who have this seat! The kids' stats are in my siggy.

*C's straps are not adjusted to him, he'd be on the 2nd slot RF, not the 3rd.*

IMG_1842.jpg
IMG_1840.jpg

G is on the 3rd slots RF, and 4th slots FF. When RF the 3rd slots are just below her shoulders and the headrest can be adjusted to her nicely. But when she is FF and on the 4th slots, if I adjust the headrest to the right position for her, it covers the straps a little bit? Is that okay? In the manual it just says to push the headrest down until it is above their shoulders, I don't see anything about covering the harness. Here are a few pics...

With headrest adjusted to her on the 4th slot-
IMG_1844.jpg

Headrest all the way up on the 4th slot-
IMG_1845.jpg

So can I cover the straps?

ADS

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
With R's XT, I did what the manual said to do, so yes, the straps are under the headrest a little bit. I figured it's fine because that's what the manual says to do. I'm curious as to what other people think too.

WhatAboutPuppy

I would assume that if the harness is as tight as it needs to be and then you put the headrest down it would definitely be fine????

That's my best, uneducated opinion. :)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
It should be even with the harness slot that you are using, and yeah, it does sorta go over the harness a TINY bit, but no, it shouldn't go over the harness an inch or anything like that.

Pixels

It should be even with the harness slot that you are using, and yeah, it does sorta go over the harness a TINY bit, but no, it shouldn't go over the harness an inch or anything like that.

The manual says to position the head support so that the bottom edge is just above the shoulder. FFing, that does mean that it will go over the harness a considerable amount when the child has just moved up a slot.

Thanks for the pics. I keep deciding if my next seat is going to be another Radian65 or an XT. I love that color-is it mesh feeling?

I gave you a rep :thumbsup: this pics help out. :)

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
The manual says to position the head support so that the bottom edge is just above the shoulder. FFing, that does mean that it will go over the harness a considerable amount when the child has just moved up a slot.

:yeahthat:
which means it's okay, right? Because that's what the manual says to do?

Blondie87

I took a few comparison pics of the XT and Boulevard for another momma that is deciding between the 2. Does anyone wanna see them here? And of my beautiful 3 across!! :D

Pixels

:yeahthat:
which means it's okay, right? Because that's what the manual says to do?

Well, we're supposed to follow the manual. And that's what the manual says. So, yeah.

I have heard that the harness can be very difficult to adjust when the headrest is over the straps. If it bothers you, call SK and talk to them. They might tell you to put it at the top of the harness. Also, if they don't know there's a problem with the seat, they won't be able to fix it.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member

I don't have time to search now, but there was a thread about this not too long ago, and I thought sunshine kids clarified that the wings were not to go over the harness? Or maybe all the techs were arguing that it's not safe to have the headrest go over the straps?

Either way, I'd err on the side of caution and NOT put it over the straps.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I took a few comparison pics of the XT and Boulevard for another momma that is deciding between the 2. Does anyone wanna see them here? And of my beautiful 3 across!! :D

I would love to see them! I haven't tried my 3-across with my XT yet in my Passat, but I'd love to see what you were able to do.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Here is my lil album of my XT pics. :)

Thanks! I liked seeing your 3-across. I'll need to do it with a PW, XT, and some infant seat, but I don't think I'll have a problem. How do you like the XT so far? I've had it for about 2 weeks now and it's growing on me. I didn't like it at first. I haven't tried using it FF yet.

Auntie2six

Wow, thats a great looking 3 across right there! Very good! And what pattern is that on your keyfit? I love it!!!

Blondie87

Thanks! I liked seeing your 3-across. I'll need to do it with a PW, XT, and some infant seat, but I don't think I'll have a problem. How do you like the XT so far? I've had it for about 2 weeks now and it's growing on me. I didn't like it at first. I haven't tried using it FF yet.

I just got it a couple hours ago... but I like it so far!

Wow, thats a great looking 3 across right there! Very good! And what pattern is that on your keyfit? I love it!!!

It's Adventure. I :love: it too.

Pixels

I don't have time to search now, but there was a thread about this not too long ago, and I thought sunshine kids clarified that the wings were not to go over the harness? Or maybe all the techs were arguing that it's not safe to have the headrest go over the straps?

Either way, I'd err on the side of caution and NOT put it over the straps.

I searched, but didn't find it. Needless to say, there are a lot of threads that come up if you search for XT and either headwings or headrest.

How would it be erring on the side of caution to not follow the manual?

NannyMom

Wasn't this an issue with the GN when it first came out as well? I know the GN manual says the belt guide (headrest) should be just above the shoulders. Putting it over the harness when the child first moves up to the next slot. So we keep the GN headrest above the harness. Shouldn't we do the same the with Radian?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC