4 point Boosters? New Parkway

kristenbelle

I've heard from Pish Posh Baby that the new Parkway will be a 4 point booster. I'm still trying to figure out how 4 point seats are configured. Can anyone explain it to me, or are there any pictures floating around of seats that have this feature? Am I correct in thinking that this will be the only 4 point on the US market?

If it works the way I think it will, it makes switching from a 5 point harness to a 4 point booster much more appealing for my 5 1/2 year old, rather than purchasing a Regent for her. I think she would do fine in a booster but I tend to err on the side of caution if possible. Hmmmm.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, the 86-Y is a 4-point harness, I believe.

But I think that a "four point booster" might refer to an anti-submarine strap? 3 point belt, plus the anti-submarine strap?

kristenbelle

But I think that a "four point booster" might refer to an anti-submarine strap? 3 point belt, plus the anti-submarine strap?

I read on another thread about the Parkway 120 that it's supposed to have an anti-submarine strap, so I think you're right. I'm having a hard time visualizing how the strap configuration above would be on my child, as all I've ever used is a 5 point harness. ??

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
For better or worse, there is no indication that there actually WILL be a Parkway 120, or what features it will have. Preliminary reports are just that, preliminary. Anyone whose child *needs* a new seat would be best served by purchasing a seat already on the market.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh, c'mon, don't be a stick-in-the-mud. We're having so much speculative fun! :p

(I take your point, but it's really fun to get the "scoop" on upcoming products, is all.)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I like scooping and gossiping as much as the next gal (cowmoo? please moo!), but I remember kids getting uncomfortably close to outgrowing seats while people were waiting for the Frontier -- so I'll stick my stick in the mud and remind people (whom I know already know this!) that until it hits the shelves it doesn't exist, and that a properly used and unexciting seat is a far better choice than an outgrown seat or an imaginary seat.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That's very true. But will you let those of us who have plenty of well-fitting seats already for the concievable future continue to drool? As long as we have your blessing to drool and gossip to our hearts' content, I'm happy. :p

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Speculation and gossip about possible new seats without actual confirmation from the manufacturer tends to take on a force of its own, and gets hopes up to the point that rumor and speculation somehow evolve into being taken at face value as factual information by the masses, who then put seat purchase plans on hold, and/or pass the speculative info. on to other message boards as though it's a done deal. One bit of speculative misinformation is all it takes sometimes, like the expectation at one point that the eagerly anticipated Recaro convertibles would be tetherable rear facing, a misunderstood bit of info. that occasionally still pops up here or elsewhere nearly two years after the seats hit the market. :eek: While it can be fun to wishfully think and speculate, a more prudent approach is advisable until if and when we get more official word from the manufacturer about new products. There evidently wasn't even a peep from Britax about any new Parkway at Lifesavers last week.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
http://carseatblog.com/?p=1725 :D

And if you really want good color pictures, check out the Australian Britax site... ours wouldn't be exactly the same, but it does show lots of anti-submarine clips. (I'm still ticked that they didn't release the Starriser with the anti-sub clip 5+ years ago, they even had real pictures of it on babyuniverse.com, and we got nothin'. :p)

OMG! I love the pic. I really hope it comes out, if it latches I totally want 3. LOL!

I could then probally get one for the inlaws car for Logan(right?)-seeing he fit nice in it, 2 for my car(one for michael and one for daycare kid).

So, this would be safer than a regular booster right???

I like to speculate. :p

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
There's no way of knowing what is "safer". I'd definitely want an anti-submarining clip if I had to booster a 30# child, and while it might be nice for a larger child, I don't know if it would be a huge selling point for me and my 50+# daughter.

AtTheSouthDam

I can speculate for DD2 right? I doubt it will be out in time for DD1. At the rate she is growing I think I am going to have tostart considering a booster soon.

We just need a tall, LATCHable booster that comes is some girly pattern other than black and pink, PLEASE!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
There's no way of knowing what is "safer". I'd definitely want an anti-submarining clip if I had to booster a 30# child, and while it might be nice for a larger child, I don't know if it would be a huge selling point for me and my 50+# daughter.

I agree in general . . . however, I can totally see my particular kid loving the antisubmarining clip (but prob'ly not more than the Recaro seat slant which serves the same purpose, no?)

SGTex

What does the anti-sub clip do? Will it help to keep a kid from slouching down in the seat? My DS has a tendency when riding in a bpb to slouch and not keep his rear end all the way back in his seat. Will that help to keep him from doing that or no?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
What does the anti-sub clip do? Will it help to keep a kid from slouching down in the seat? My DS has a tendency when riding in a bpb to slouch and not keep his rear end all the way back in his seat. Will that help to keep him from doing that or no?
It'd probably help with that... So does a small cheap plastic footstool from the toddler potty section of walmart/target :thumbsup: But yeah, it's supposed to keep the hips back more in a crash so the lapbelt doesn't ride up and cause seatbelt syndrome.

:)

utvol3

It'd probably help with that... So does a small cheap plastic footstool from the toddler potty section of walmart/target :thumbsup: But yeah, it's supposed to keep the hips back more in a crash so the lapbelt doesn't ride up and cause seatbelt syndrome.

For what/how do you use the footstool?

SGTex

Ah! Thanks. Is it safe to use a footstool as a footrest like that? I want to use something for the kids when we take a long car ride this summer. They will both be in Regents, but I still want them to have something to rest their legs on.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC