CPS Class - OREGON

WhatAboutPuppy

Ok, I was getting impatient and so I contacted Sandy Holt for a second time. She let me know I was about two days early. So I waited again... And today...

I got the email with the application for the next training class scheduled for the SW Washington/Oregon class. Apparently even though I had all but begged and pleaded for the class to be located in or around or near or somewhere NOT far away (to Salem) the class is scheduled for Battle Ground, Washington. May 5th through the 8th.

Details:

*May 5th through 8th

*9:00am to 5:30pm Tues. through Thurs.
9:00am to 1:pm Friday (Check-up event)

*Battle Ground PD
507 SW 1st ST
Battle Ground, WA 98604

*Applications due by April 27th

*Cost is $60.00

I'm assuming it's on the website now but it takes me forever and a day to find the right area every time so I'm posting her email... it DOES say on the application packet thingy "Please contact Sandy Holt with any questions."
sandy@actsoregon.org

My dad lives in Tualatin so I was planning on traveling to and from the class from his place but if anyone has a better idea let me know! It's too long of a drive from Salem to Battle Ground everyday and I can't afford a hotel... and I'm just not into staying alone anyway. lol So, I'll be making the drive from the metro area if you want to carpool from there even also??

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yeah, that is what I was wondering. Grr

Oh, and I got a call today from a cop in Dallas. He said that two people from the dept just got training. Where, I wonder?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Well, see, this is what I am wondering. If Dallas people got trained, how trained them? I know there are more instructors than just S.

peteetchou

I'd love to get trained when the kids get a bit bigger. :D I know they had one in Hillsboro not too long ago and that would probably be as close to me as they get. Some day...

daycaremom2002

I know how you feel about waiting for a class to be close to you. I waited for years for them to finally have a class in Southern Oregon. Finally last year, they had a class in Grants Pass. I had to drive 45 minutes each way every day, but it was worth it for me.

Good luck with your class. I enjoyed my class with Sandy and Ruth. It was mostly law enforcement, and fire, but there were enough of us with other jobs that it made it more comfortable.

WhatAboutPuppy

The last class held last month was open to law enforcement only. So I couldn't attend. that's when I had gotten in contact with Sandy. I had emailed her to make sure I really truely couldn't get into the class. :)

I'm doing the battle ground one, I already have the time off work. I'm impatient. lol

Well, I'm doing the battle ground one if she lets me in!

JerseyGirl'sMama

Is this a class to be certified as a tech.? I ask because I thought it was a 5 day, 40 hour course, and this one is only 4 days? Battle Ground is literally a 10 minute drive from my house, so I am stoked! :D

scatterbunny

Is this a class to be certified as a tech.? I ask because I thought it was a 5 day, 40 hour course, and this one is only 4 days? Battle Ground is literally a 10 minute drive from my house, so I am stoked! :D

In late 2007 the curriculum was revised, and it can be taught in 3-4 days now. :thumbsup:

Davids-Coco

They seem to be in Hillsboro fairly often too... I plan on doing this when I get some time and am not chasing a 2.5 yr old with a newborn.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC