I think DS may have reached the top of the Radian!

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It was hard to tell today, as he was dressed a little heavier than normal (t-shirt under polo-shirt under polar fleece,) but his shoulders were darn close to if not over the top slots. :eek: Thank goodness for the Nautilus! I'm not too uncomfortable pushing the Radian a little further though, since SK does allow shoulders over the top slots. (I have to admit I did have him sit in a Turbo Booster at TRU today, just to see. :eek:)

I coincidentally took a picture of him in the Radian today... I'll try to post it later.

Oh my giant boy. :rolleyes:

ADS

Shaunam

I was wondering when it would happen. I would always look at that pic you used to have in your sig and think, "He CAN'T fit much longer!". He really is a big guy.

featherhead

My nephew is just a little older (he'll be 4 end of July) and I think he's close to outgrowing it as well. My dd on the other hand, she'll probably fit till she's 7 or so.

monstah

Yuppers... I think you pointed out once that our boys have almost identical stats.
My DS is most definately even with the top slots but I'm still going to use it until he is OBVIOUSLY over. Expecially since I need three across. He still has about an inch in the Nautilus, but we might be booster shopping for these guys not much after their 4th birthdays!! :eek: :eek:

SGTex

Wow! I had my 7 yr old (who seems tall to me) sit in mine the other day b/c it was going to be easier for preschool drop-off and he fit. He's right over the top of the slots, but the top of his ears are not quite at the top of the seat.

unityco

Here's photographic "proof", lol. ;) It's not the greatest comparison since the photos weren't taken at exactly the same angle, but you get the idea. I tried to line up the top of the shell of the seats. DS still hasn't gotten over not liking having his picture taken, so he's being a bit of a goof in the left picture - not sitting "naturally" but with his head all the way back. Please forgive the low chest clip. :eek:

Outgrown.jpg

BW1426

Wow, that's close. I honestly think you still have a little bit of time left. The nautilus is your only taller option, right? How much room does he have in that?

unityco

He still has about an inch in the Nautilus, but we might be booster shopping for these guys not much after their 4th birthdays!! :eek: :eek:

I know! :( DS has about an inch left in the Nautilus too.

Wow, that's close. I honestly think you still have a little bit of time left. The nautilus is your only taller option, right?

We have the Frontier in Canada too, but I sat him in it in TRU today, and it seems he has more room in the Nautilus. We don't have the Regent here. He probably does have a *bit* of time left in the Radian, and barring any sudden growth spurts, I think I'll leave him in it 'til October, even if he is over the top. :whistle: I guess then we'll have to start booster training. :eek:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Aw, say it ain't so! :( Good thing you have taller seats there now, but wowzers, he's so young to be so big (sheesh, I feel like Leah is huge and she's barely even with the second to top slots, only a couple months younger than your guy, lol)

unityco

he's so young to be so big

I know! It's the RF problem all over again (but at least this time there isn't such a dramatic difference in safety between my two choices. :eek:)

Now that he's talking and out in the world more it causes him other problems - people expect him to behave like a 6yo too. :( You should have seen the looks I was getting if I was changing him in public before he was recently potty trained. :eek:

monstah

Just for comparisons sake, here is my DS. (He will be 3.5 in a couple days.) I snapped this picture this morning, but he didn't feel like cooperating and kept waving his arms around. :rolleyes: But you get the idea....

100_4462.jpg

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Wow! My 4.5 year old has about 2 inches to go in the XT. Granted, he's got a pretty short torso, but it's what I'm used to so seeing younger kids who are bigger always trips me out.

April

Oh how I feel your pain. Rayn is 3.5 as well (four in July) nd she is about 1/2 inch below the top slots. A year ago she was wearing size 18-24 months and 2T tops, and now she's wearing size 6!:eek: Add to that the fact that she has the maturity level of about a one year old, and I'm worried for when she outgrows the Radian. And I'm in the same boat of needing three across in DH's pickup. The Nautilus does not work whatsoever in between two boosters :mad:

zeo2ski

I know! It's the RF problem all over again (but at least this time there isn't such a dramatic difference in safety between my two choices. :eek:)

Now that he's talking and out in the world more it causes him other problems - people expect him to behave like a 6yo too. :( You should have seen the looks I was getting if I was changing him in public before he was recently potty trained. :eek:

I hear ya there. My 2.5 y.o. (will be 3 in August) is above the 2nd to top slots in the RN--and thanks to my reclined seats there's little to no difference RF vs. FF:mad: But people expect him to act like a 3 or 4 year old and it sucks since he's actually REALLY well behaved for a 2 year old--at least in public anyway lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC