Hypothetically...

skylinphoto

So, totally hypothetical...

Well..this part is real....lol:
I have a Recaro Signo that is being replaced because of the recall. They are sending me a new seat this week...and a prepaid thingy to send back the old seat...

Ummm....hypothetical part...
Do you think they'd notice if I sent it back without the cover? :whistle: lol.
What about ..if I kept the strap covers and hip padding? :whistle:

lol.

ADS

Pixels

Why don't you just call them and ask if you can keep them? I doubt that they plan to re-sell them, they just want it back so they know you're not using it.

If you phrased it along the lines of "compensation" for the hassle ... :whistle:

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Britax let's you send the old seat back naked. I only kept the cover, belly pad and shoulder covers. Didn't keep hugs, straps or anything else.

babygirlsmom1005

Mine went back in 2007 due to my daughter chewed a snap off the front adjuster, I called and they told me to keep the cover and things, they didn't need that back, the engineers just wanted to see the snap and the strap which was attached to the seat, so they sent the replacement (a blush instead of a cobalt like I had) and I sent them back a naked seat :thumbsup:

Splash

I've never sent back anything on a Britax seat. I strip those things bare, down to the harness assembly and adjuster strap. I even took the latch strap off the Regent. I would have taken it off the BV, but there is no real way to get it off and nothing i can do with it once it's off (I used the Regent one to attach my dog's harness to the top tether anchor).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC