More info on mysterious Graco carseat!!!!

poohbearkrazy

Ok I just got off the phone with Graco and have lots more info on the new seat.

It is called the:

My ride 65

Rear facing 5 - 40 pounds
Forward Facing 20 - 65 pounds

Dual built in cup holders
Removable headrest

Approximate max. height is 43"

Release date will be the first week in june

Price range will be $150 - $175

She did say that there was info released about it in the May/June 09 issue Of the "Fit Pregnancy Magazine"

She also said that they were having a meeting about it on the 1st of may and would be able to answer any questions we have about the seat after that date.

Last edited:
ADS

Mama Jo

AAAAHHH!! That is so exciting!! I wonder how tall the shell will be or if it will actually get the kid to 65 lbs. :whistle:

That's not a bad price either!

Mommy0608

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! How exciting, love the price range! :thumbsup:

We'll have to watch for that magazine article. Hopefully there's more info in there, maybe a picture as well. :love:

scatterbunny

Thanks for the latest scoop. :cool:

My first thoughts:

Kind of a lame name. :eek:

RF to 40#...SQUEAL!!! :love: Better have a tall shell!

waterbaby

Wow - that's very exciting! I hope it can live up to our expectations, lol!

Unless another manufacturer has plans to release a seat with the higher RF limit, Graco could make a pretty penny off the new seat, I imagine.

Last edited:

mommaon112903

I know what my neice wil be getting for Christmas this year! She is due anyday (sis is at the hospital with high b/p right now!) this is PERFECT!!! I hope they have cute covers, isn't that awful, lol.

The price is definatly right! Let's hope it is tall I agree!

Freedom_Pixie

RF to 40 pounds,:2thumbsup:. Now we just need to know how tall the shell is. Not a bad price for it either. Thanks for the information.

Maedze

The name is meh but it fits in with the other styles of names

SnugRide
ComfortSport
CarGo
CozyCline
SafeSeat
TurboBooster
MyRide

(and then the red-headed stepchild, the Nautilus ;) )

Ok, Graco, you're on the right track, just bump the minimum forward facing weight up to 30 pounds/2 years :thumbsup:

scatterbunny

Ok, Graco, you're on the right track, just bump the minimum forward facing weight up to 30 pounds/2 years :thumbsup:

Hehe, I actually typed that almost word-for-word in my earlier post, but decided it was too much to ask, so I deleted. :p

christineka

That's awesome news! Now, I want it to be a thin seat, or one that puzzles like it is thin. (I'm sure it won't.) Come on Sunshine kids! I need a radian sized 40 pound rfing seat! Maybe I'll put my baby in the third row instead so I can get a My Ride anyway. I hope the shell is tall enough and it turns out to be a great seat.

Pixels

They'll make some girly seats in 6-12 months after release if the seat is selling really well. Which it well if it ends being the only convertible c-s.org recommends now :D

I can totally see that happening, at least until the other manufacturers catch up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC