Final questions: Triump Advance / True Fit / Zento / Tribute

MattTh

Final questions: Triumph Advance / True Fit / Zento / Tribute

Hi everyone,

thanks heaps for your input in my previous post. I have taken the "affordable" requirement out of my wish list now because I find that I am just not happy with what the cheaper seats offer, the Tribute being an exception. I have narrowed it down to four seats, and would be grateful for any input that can help me make the final decision. Here goes:

Generally I would like to know how the four following seats compare regarding:
- generosity and placement of EPS/EPP foam, particularly around the head?
- installation time?
- ease of buckeling up and adjusting?
- wear and tear
- are there any particular issues that you know?
- is there anything I'm overlooking? Do you have other suggestions?

Triumph Advance by Evenflo @ 330 NZ Dollars:

My impression: Good safety, RF 16kg, reasonably high shell; time consuming installation, buckling in and adjusting seems to be hard and annoying, can be quite uncomfortable for some babies, a pain to take apart for washing.

Particular questions: What are the differences between LX, DLX, Premier models? They don't seem to be declared as that here in NZ, there's only one. How do I tell which is which?

True Fit by Compass / First Years / Learning Curve @ guessed 400 NZD

My impression: Good safety, RF 16kg, high shell. Unfortunately, not yet available in New Zealand where I live.

Zento by Brio @ 550 NZD:
My impression: Very good safety, swedish T-rating, generous EPS foam all round, RF 25kg, reasonably high shell.

Tribute by Evenflo @ 200 NZD:
My impression: Good safety, RF 13kg, limited in harness and shell height. Only considering due to significantly lower price, knowing that it will mean that we need a bigger seat before we can switch to booster, which might (!) not be necessary with the other three models.

Again, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge, it is highly appreciated and I will do my best to pass it on to other parents!

Thanks heaps!

Cheers,

Matt

Last edited:
ADS

finn

I'm interested in the evenflo triumph, i think the difference is in the level of extra padding, its a little bit annoying that the only store that seems to have them is winkalotts, so i cant get a look at them. I like the 16kg rear facing and the 22kg forward facing, i think the price is good, especially if you compare them to safe and sound.

Someone on trade me was recently selling the true fit but i dont think they were legal, it would be great to have them here though. They seem like a huge seat & would be good for extended rear facing and extended harnessing.

The Brio is great, lots of foam, not much padding for comfort and gave my son a bruised back the whole time we used it. When we figured out it was the seat causing the bruise I put a liner in it (not ideal I know) and then sold it. Installs take a bit longer until you figure out how it fits best in each car, but it installs rock solid. It buckles easily, it has a puzzle buckle but its easy. The cover also comes off easily for washing.

I dont like the tribute, but in saying that i havent actually seen one in real life lol they look small, look like they would be out grown early.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC