Radian XT-- worth it?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I can get a Radian XT for $250 (no shipping charges). Would it be worth having?

Kid stats:
~ I have a 4.5yo DN who rides in a Graco Nautilus when she is in my car.
~ I have a 3yo DN who rides in a Graco Nautilus when she is in my car. She also fits in the Boulevard.
~ I have a 1.5yo DN who would ride in a RF Avenue or RF Boulevard when he is in my car (though he has never been in my car)
~ I have a 1yo DN who rides in a RF Avenue or RF Boulevard when he is in my car.
~ I have a 7.5yo Godson who rides in a Vivo when he is in my car.
~ I frequently transport my friend's 4mo in a Via when she is in my car.

Other information:
~ I never have more than two kids with me at any one time.
~ I have a Boulevard, a Scenera, an Avenue, a Nautilus, a Vivo, and a Via at my disposal.
~ The regular Radian fits beautifully in my car (both RF and FF). I have never tried the XT.

Do I need it? Of course not. :)
Do I want it? I think so. :eek:

So, what do you think? Should I bite the bullet and get it? Or should I tell myself that this is an impulse buy and that I DO NOT need it?

ADS

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I did buy an XT for $250 (free shipping, too). I didn't really like it at first, but I do like it more and more. I think I just had to get used to it or something. I know not everyone is sold on the headwings, but my car has no side impact safety features (other than the frame of the car itself) and I liked the wings for that feature. Who knows if it would actually make a difference, but it makes me feel better!

AtTheSouthDam

I am actually starting to really like the XT as a primary seat so I will say yes, get it. It fills those strange niches you never thought you 'd have to fill until you do (does that make sense?) Anyway. I like it. And you would get a lot more use out of it that I will :D

zeo2ski

Would you ever ever even possibly have 3 at a time? I think you might need one juuuusst in case you need 3 across...

We love ours.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Now that I just read about the MyRide, I am not so sure. Since I don't *need* the Radian, maybe I will wait. If it is meant to be, that price will come about again. :eek:

fyrfightermomma

While I still don't like it for smaller RF's and you have the dumb head wings right at the top of their head, now that my kids are a little bigger I LOVE the seat, both FFing and RFing.

I say go for it. You can always sell it for the My Ride later ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC