the pics I just sent to Britax

horseymom

When I called last week to see about the cover fraying she had me take pics an email them in.
these are those I sent. (we have had the seat for 3 months)

this one is of the cover underneith the adjstor strap stretched way out, not a huge dael but I thought I would send it anyways
IMG_7224.jpg

the fraying, not the easiest thing to take pics of :rolleyes:
IMG_7226.jpg

IMG_7228.jpg

what do you think? think they will send me a new cover?

ADS

all together ooky

Mine looks worse. I still haven't called Britax yet. (I hate complaining/talking on the phone) But, I will call before the warranty expires. I just wish there was a plush cover available.

mish

I just noticed that my cover is fraying. I'm really annoyed. That is a lot of money to spend to have a seat that looks crappy.

tl01

That part of the seat gets a lot of wear and tear so I would expect some fraying. Our Britax TWE was a lot of money and it is fraying where DS's feet go and I wouldn't call them for a new one for that reason. I'd probably wait a few years and by a new cover.

vonfirmath

Yeah... in the pictures it doesn't look bad at all.

Or, at least, when you say "Fraying" -- that isn't what I am thinking of, a few threads out of place.

ks1978

The XT cover frays??? :(

Just near her feet. I am not happy about it, but given the material (we have rio) it is accepted.. It is from the Velcro on her shoes. It catches and looks somewhat like the op's pics, but more? Sorry if that makes no sense.

mamabear

My cover looked like that after 3 months. I emailed pics and they sent me a new cover.:twocents:

I think more people should complain. There is NO WAY that mesh POC is going to hold up for the life of the seat! NOT Britax quality IMO.... AT ALL (my 3.5 year old MA looks 10 times better than my "new" Frontier.) Britax needs to know they have major quality issues with the mesh. I seriously don't expect to pay $280 for a seat that a year or two later looks so horrible that I have to chip in another $80 for a new cover. C'mon. How else are we gonna get them to put a nice plush cover on the Frontier??

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I would not expect or try to get a new cover. I agree that the mesh is crappy, but that's normal wear and tear on the seat, and I fail to see how that's Britax's fault or responsibility to replace the cover when a few threads get frayed. :twocents:

mamabear

I would not expect or try to get a new cover. I agree that the mesh is crappy, but that's normal wear and tear on the seat, and I fail to see how that's Britax's fault or responsibility to replace the cover when a few threads get frayed. :twocents:

I just think they need to know that the mesh Frontier covers do not add up in any way close to the rest of their line of covers. It looks really bad IRL. It seriously bothered me every.single.time I put DD in the car. I'm the type that keeps my car and seats really clean and nice. It annoys me when I spend a lot of money on a seat expecting the same quality and life expectancy as my other seats made by them, only to have it look like it's totally falling apart after a few months. I do not see that as "normal wear and tear" when none of my other possessions look so bad.

I also love Levis jeans. They last forever. Most get better and better with age. I know what to expect when I buy a pair of Levis. If they came out with a new style, that after just a few moths of wearing them they started to fall apart at the seams ans get threadbare in the knees, I'd be unhappy. I'd let Levis know about it. It's not what I'd come to expect from them, or any other clothing I pay good money for. It's the same with the cover.:twocents:

horseymom

I just think they need to know that the mesh Frontier covers do not add up in any way close to the rest of their line of covers. It looks really bad IRL. It seriously bothered me every.single.time I put DD in the car. I'm the type that keeps my car and seats really clean and nice. It annoys me when I spend a lot of money on a seat expecting the same quality and life expectancy as my other seats made by them, only to have it look like it's totally falling apart after a few months. I do not see that as "normal wear and tear" when none of my other possessions look so bad.

I also love Levis jeans. They last forever. Most get better and better with age. I know what to expect when I buy a pair of Levis. If they came out with a new style, that after just a few moths of wearing them they started to fall apart at the seams ans get threadbare in the knees, I'd be unhappy. I'd let Levis know about it. It's not what I'd come to expect from them, or any other clothing I pay good money for. It's the same with the cover.:twocents:

Exactly my feelings! thank you! I agree none of our car seats have any sort of wear after years of use. It does look way worse IRL you can't capture it in pics.
DD shoes don't even come close to the seat really, she stands in front then sits down.
It's worth a try, like I said before I did not pay $280 bucks for a seat that we are going to keep for 9 years to look like that after THREE months!

horseymom

My cover looked like that after 3 months. I emailed pics and they sent me a new cover.:twocents:

I think more people should complain. There is NO WAY that mesh POC is going to hold up for the life of the seat! NOT Britax quality IMO.... AT ALL (my 3.5 year old MA looks 10 times better than my "new" Frontier.) Britax needs to know they have major quality issues with the mesh. I seriously don't expect to pay $280 for a seat that a year or two later looks so horrible that I have to chip in another $80 for a new cover. C'mon. How else are we gonna get them to put a nice plush cover on the Frontier??

I would love to see how your pics compare to mine :)

Maedze

I guess there is nothing about what's in the first picture that would bother me. Yeah, they should redesign the covers so that they're more likely to hold up, but I fail to see how sending you a new cover with the exact same problem is going to solve anything :twocents:

horseymom

I guess there is nothing about what's in the first picture that would bother me. Yeah, they should redesign the covers so that they're more likely to hold up, but I fail to see how sending you a new cover with the exact same problem is going to solve anything :twocents:

I'm not too concerned about the first pic, I just sent it so they can see that these problems are happening. If people don't speak up they won't know, KWIM

Kat_Momof3

nothing I saw in those pics would bother me... I've seen some posted here that were much worse in the same time span.

However, when you then put it into perspective about how much you paid for that seat, how long it should last, all that, and that it is Britax, then it looks worse.

Britax has been known for their fantastic covers that last beyond the life of the seat... and I would be disappointed to spend that much and see wear already.

hsjwmom

I see your point with the cover. It would bother me. BUT...Personally? I would have waited until closer to the end of the 1 year warranty period before trying for a replacement. First, the fraying would progress to where it is truly bad, where there was no question that your cover needed to be replaced by Britax. Second, maybe by then, Britax would have come out with better covers for the Frontier. Ones that were up to their usual quality. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC