My XT pictures

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Here's the album, I'll just post a few of interest. I don't have any of AJ, he fits, but he didn't sit down when I wanted him to and then I forgot to have him model, lol.
http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/carseatqueen/Sunshine Kids/XT/

Here's Olivia, 10.5#. She fits well w/ the padding, you can see how loose the straps are w/out them though. MUCH different than the pics I have of Ilana in the 65 at this age and 2.5# smaller. :(

My battery on my laptop is about to die so I might have to come back later. I just remembered I have another laptop here, lol.

041.jpg

046.jpg

Here's Evan sleeping in it and 3 across in my backseat.
064.jpg

060.jpg

ADS
What a sweet 3-across. What kind of van do you have? I would love to make a 3-across like that. I have a FPSV, will have a radian soon, and have a Nautilus.
Your kids are just adorable.
Thanks for sharing. Rep for you:thumbsup:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
That first pic also shows how high the lowest head rest setting is. :(

I have a Caravan and am thrilled w/ my 3 across! It's what I was hoping for. :)

Here's Ilana set up for rfing, so 3rd slots w/ headrest at the lowest.
055.jpg

Splash

Probably, I didn't try it though b/c the manual states the headrest needs to be at the lowest position. :confused:

And other people were being told it needs to be at the highest. What gives?? Why on earth didn't they just make it move like the BV headrest does? That seat is top shelf price, it should have top shelf features.

Olivia looks terrified in the first picture! I love the red, though. What do the boys think of it?

zeo2ski

They changed it right after the first ones came out, so the manuals say lowest, SKJP says highest. Most people who have a manual saying lowest are choosing whichever option suits their needs better--a tiny babe like that I'd leave them all the way up, but a bigger toddler like fyrfighters DD2 she puts them down even though she's only on the second slot, they fit her head.

Great pics though! So that is as snug as the harness would go on the baby without the padding? Looks like the slots are still above the shoulders. i thought the RN was one that fit newborns well?

Pixels

Probably, I didn't try it though b/c the manual states the headrest needs to be at the lowest position. :confused:

It was a typo in the first manuals. I believe the online manual has been corrected now. It is supposed to be in the highest position until the child is on the third slots.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
It was a typo in the first manuals. I believe the online manual has been corrected now. It is supposed to be in the highest position until the child is on the third slots.

Which makes more sense.

Evan loves it, he picked the red MONTHS ago. :)

I think the bottom slots are right about even w/ her shoulders, definitely not below though. That's why I'm a little confused. It's possible she has a shorter torso (she's not my kid then, lol), but I don't know. I have pics of Ilana at this age, but 8# vs Olivia's 10.5# and she fit great in the 65. Olivia fits terribly w/out the padding. Yes, the straps are as tight as they can go. :thumbsdown:

Pixels

I got similar results with my DD at 4 months old. The harness was all the way tight, but not tight enough for my liking. I think the Radian fits newborns well with the padding. I'm not so sure without the padding.

Kat_Momof3

that's a typo... skjp will tell you it should be in the highest spot...and I bet that one of the reasons is to prevent head slump for babies with the padding.

have you been able to fit any other booster in there with 3 across?

when I tried the Nautilus and Radian together in my caravan's third row, the backless fpsv booster was all that would work.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Here's Ilana at 6 wks and 8# in the 65, you can see how much better it fits than the XT w/out padding.
carseats116.jpg

I think the FPSVb is the only thing that'll fit. It's right next to the GN and the side of the van. I kind of fit back there still, barely.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC