Calling Cops in TX

mburks26

Will calling the Cops on someone that I know that does not use a booster seat the right way do any good? I live in TX and legally the dc in question does not have to be in anything but after this past week end I had to ride with the dc mom cause I had no vechile. I install my dds GN harnessed mode as we are driving I see the other dc reach over grab my dds seat and tried to pull it over she grabed at the top and then she tried to unbuckle the seat as the car was moving. Her mom just told her not to do it again. Shes in a TB and with shoulder belt behind her. My dd was outboard and her dd was outboard in a 99 Neon. She never does use the booster right. There are times the my dd and the dc will ride together with grandparents. I am about to call the cops on both the mom and grandma when I know they have the dc in the car. They keep pushing me to put my dd in a booster already and I told them no she wont stay buckled (which is a lie) and shes not old enough and they are like yes she is but I dont want my dd seeing she can just put the shoulder belt behind her.
I really have no clue if TX law enforcement can really do anything in this case. Since legally the dc does not have to be in a booster shes over 34 inches tall. Plus we have if there are too many people for seat belts then they do not have to use them, and adults over 18 does not have use the belts in the back either. It totaly sucks. I wish we can get our laws changed.

ADS

MomToEliEm

I really doubt calling the cops about a booster misuse will get any action, especially since they don't legally need to be in anything but a seatbelt. There may be a few cities towns really serious about carseat misuse here in TX, but those are a minority. I wish there was a state wide hotline to call to report misuse.

As for the TX booster law, it is now out of the house committee so hopefully it will be heard on the floor soon. The senate is still not doing much with the booster law. We only have a month to get it through both the house and senate so I hope they don't drag their feets and let it die.

mykidsmylife

Nope...
I almost got arrested for pointing out a mom who had a 2 yr old in a booster to an MP. He said his 2 yr old is in a booster. @@...
His LT got an earful from me.

Anyways they never do anything......

itzmeigh

I agree. I wouldn't waste my breath. And I sure as wouldn't call 911. (They can fine you if they feel it isn't an emergency)

Even once it becomes law (if it does I'll be suprised) it will take a long time to get law enforcement on board with the whole idea. I don't see any thing actually changing for 2-4 more years...

mburks26

ok thanks. I guess I just do not let my dd ride with her grandma without me or her aunt. until shes big enough to use the seat belt without a booster.
Unless something changes big time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC