Clek...What does coming soon mean to you?

Tyler'sMom1117

This just cracks me up.

For a year their website has said this.

Diva. Cowboy. Fashionista. Bookworm. Whatever your child’s personality, choose a clekjacket™ seat cover that best matches their style. These booster seat covers are machine washable, so it’s OK if there’s a spill. They are comfy and soft too!

Check back often for additional styles coming soon.

I check very often for additonal styles coming soon and yet it never does.

ADS
F

Fiwi

Probably never. Oobr was due out in the fall, then winter, then early spring and now their website says "Summer" :thumbsdown:

I don't think they have a clue when their new products will come out. They just want to keep you hanging on so you don't buy something else.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Probably never. Oobr was due out in the fall, then winter, then early spring and now their website says "Summer" :thumbsdown:

I don't think they have a clue when their new products will come out. They just want to keep you hanging on so you don't buy something else.

Releasing child restraints is not like releasing an iPhone. Even with the best intentions, there are often delays due to regulations, misprints found on manuals/labels and other factors. This happens to almost every child restraint company. Some highly anticipated child restraints never reach the market at all (though the Oobr won't be one of those).

It's never a good idea to wait for a previously announced child restraint if your child actually needs something now. On the other hand, if it's something that caught your eye and your child is appropriately restrained for now, just have fun with the speculation.

clek

Hi. We're changing the message on the clekjacket page. We have recently added some new styles, but never intended to mislead anyone.
oobr was originally scheduled for launch in February. But we've been generating a lot of excitement since we debuted it in September. oobr will be delayed about 5 months, which is unfortunate. We are sorry that we have had these delays, but we never want to rush a product or create anything that isn't up to our level of standards. We are building a product with a long life span and we want all of our seats to be just as good when they are retired as when they are new. There are several aspects involved in creating a seat; design, engineering, validation, testing, suppliers, prototypes etc. A delay in any one of these areas can put the entire project behind. I'm not trying to make any excuses, but just want to shed some light on how complex a project launching a new seat is. I hope that oobr will live up to all of the high expectations you all have for it.
Sincerely, Michael

zeo2ski

Thanks for stopping here to tell us, Michael. I'm a long way from needing boosters, but have the clek webpage up right now because there was a link from fit magazine's page!

F

Fiwi

Michael,

Thank you for the clarification. It's not easy waiting, but I know the seat will be worth the wait once it finally arrives. Keeping my fingers crossed there are no other major setbacks ;)

Tyler'sMom1117

I wasn't even looking at the sight for the Oobr since my son will be too tall for it now. I completely understand that a lot goes into making a seat and getting it to market.;)

I just kept seeing the new styles coming soon for the Olli and thought, "ummm, what new cover might I need". Were the new covers the monkey covers? If so, it would help to delete the phrase "new styles coming soon" from the web page.

Maedze

Do you guys remember what happened when Recaro 'rushed' to meet its deadline for the Como and Signo? They ended up doing an internal 'recall' because their manufacturing plant drilled screws through the shell :eek:

I'd rather see a seat come out 1 month late, 6 months, 12 months, NEVER, than come through and endanger kids :twocents:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
As someone who briefly owned one of the 16 earliest Signos that were hastily recalled by Recaro due to the extraneous screws/holes (note that Comos were not affected, only those early Signos sold through Right Start), I say a hearty :yeahthat:. Big thanks again to another member here, Southpawboston, who discovered those screws and holes, and reported the issue to Recaro who then acted swiftly to retrieve those Signos from us early adopters and arranged substitute Comos in the interim until replacement Signos were manufactured later on. Haste makes waste and potentially creates issues that purchasers would prefer not to be subjected to nor subject their child to in the early part of a product's life cycle. :( Slow and steady testing before bringing the seat to market is best all around. :twocents:

Tyler'sMom1117

Do you guys remember what happened when Recaro 'rushed' to meet its deadline for the Como and Signo? They ended up doing an internal 'recall' because their manufacturing plant drilled screws through the shell :eek:

I'd rather see a seat come out 1 month late, 6 months, 12 months, NEVER, than come through and endanger kids :twocents:

As someone who briefly owned one of the 16 earliest Signos that were hastily recalled by Recaro due to the extraneous screws/holes (note that Comos were not affected, only those early Signos sold through Right Start), I say a hearty :yeahthat:. Big thanks again to another member here, Southpawboston, who discovered those screws and holes, and reported the issue to Recaro who then acted swiftly to retrieve those Signos from us early adopters and arranged substitute Comos in the interim until replacement Signos were manufactured later on. Haste makes waste and potentially creates issues that purchasers would prefer not to be subjected to nor subject their child to in the early part of a product's life cycle. :( Slow and steady testing before bringing the seat to market is best all around. :twocents:

The statement I wrote about is NOT for the Oobr. It is on the web page for the Olli Clek jackets that you buy seperate. In no way do I want a seat rushed into production. I want them to remove the statement more styles coming soon in the Olli cover section if there are really no new covers coming soon.

Maedze

Oh I know! I wasn't implying otherwise, sorry! :eek:

I think I was just extrapolating off the general concept :eek:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I knew that was your intent and wasn't directly replying to your OP, sorry if it seemed otherwise. It was more the general concept of being willing to wait and clarifying the Recaro debacle. :)

Girly_Qs

(not to beat a dead, and not OP's original topic, horse . . .)

I agree, I'd hate to see any seat unsafely 'rushed' to market. And, I completely understand building interest in lead up . . ..

However, it's also a very basic principal of marketing that is nearly universally applicable:

UNDER promise, OVER deliver.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC