My call to Graco

NannyMom

So I called Graco about getting a new crotch buckle and figue=red I'd ask a bit more. I asked about LATCH in booster mode and mentioned the info from Lifesavers. The woman I spoke with had confusing info, so I asked to speak with a supervisor. I spoke to the supervisor Amy. She said she has not heard anything about no longer allowing LATCH in booster mode for the GN. The most recent manual (4/2008) says on p. 43 section 14 that is should be LATCHed in booster mode. (the first woman had tried to tell me you could only LATCH up to 48 pounds even in booster mode :rolleyes:). So, until I'm notified of a recall to change my manual info, I will continue to use LATCH in booster mode.

I asked about a new convertible and had hoped to verify rumors I'd heard. SHe said she had no info but that it would RF to 40 pounds and FF to 65 pounds. SHe didn't have any info on shell height or even how many harness slots. They haven't had their update class or whatever. She said it's scheduled for release in early June (but can always be pushed back). :D

ADS

xxluckychicxx

I asked about a new convertible and had hoped to verify rumors I'd heard. SHe said she had no info but that it would RF to 40 pounds and FF to 65 pounds. SHe didn't have any info on shell height or even how many harness slots. They haven't had their update class or whatever. She said it's scheduled for release in early June (but can always be pushed back). :D

Yay :D I smell a new seat in DD's future :whistle:

MoreLatte

:thumbsup: Glad to hear its not just a rumor! I can't wait to see it. I doubt DD would go for being RF again, though:(

valleyfam

Glad I checked the date on my 2 back up seats. I have until Oct and Nov and will wait now to see what might be coming.:)

Pixels

Oh, Graco, must you tease us? I need to buy 2 convertibles in the next few months. At least one I'd rather get sooner than later. We need more info!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm pretty sure the info from Lifesavers wasn't that you can't ever LATCH the Nautilus, rather that whether or not you're allowed to is dependent on whether or not your manual allows it.

Your manual allows it, so no biggie and nothing to worry about. :shrug-shoulders:

NannyMom

I'm pretty sure the info from Lifesavers wasn't that you can't ever LATCH the Nautilus, rather that whether or not you're allowed to is dependent on whether or not your manual allows it.

Your manual allows it, so no biggie and nothing to worry about. :shrug-shoulders:

I must have been confused by what I read here than. I thought they said no more LATCHing in booster mode. period. But the supervisor said it was retroactive (latching is allowed). :shrug-shoulders:

Genevieve

CPST Instructor

Now I'm confused as I thought the LATCH'ing in booster mode was retroactive. I have two of the first GN and it doesn't mention LATCH in booster mode. So does that mean with mine I cannot?

On a side note, I am WAY excited about a 40lb RF'ing seat. I may even get one for my 4 year old who's been holding steady at 35lbs for about 6 months now. But, I already warned DH who did a little of this :rolleyes:

njkj

Right now we are set on a TF for the baby but if this new seat comes out this summer WOOT!!!!!!!

Mommy0608

That's great that they confirmed a 40lb RF seat!! Maybe we won't get a matching TF after all.... ;) Hopefully Tyler can hold out in the SS1 long enough for this new seat to come out. I am not holding my breath for June though... wouldn't surprise me a bit if it gets delayed.

cowgirlsmommy

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! I can't believe they confirmed it will RF to 40 lbs! My hubby already said I can get one! I'm doin' the happy dance! :love:

capeKO71

actually - I bet we will see it in June. Graco is one manufacturer who has sort of surprised us and gotten stuff out on time...

very exciting! Hopefully it will be big enough to really hold a 40lb child rf. :)

April

I asked about a new convertible and had hoped to verify rumors I'd heard. SHe said she had no info but that it would RF to 40 pounds and FF to 65 pounds. . :D

OMG It's REAL?!!!!!!!:eek: I totally thought it wasn't going to be real. I can't even believe that.

Now, I need to either put Riley on a diet, or go conceive another baby.:whistle:

Karen

Wow, I am so excited about a 40lb RFing seat. DS will be three this month, but I would leave him RFing longer if it was available.

zeo2ski

Early June would be swEEEEEET! That's exactly when my DS is projected to hit 35!!

I would not bet on a narrow seat, but I am hoping (ok begging, praying, pleading) for a shell about as tall as the TF. It doesn't make too much sense to not have a tall shell with a 40 lb limit, but some kids do outgrow by weight before height.

And Jenny, love the new siggy pic!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC