I need *5* bucket seats

nevaehsmommy

I have 5 cousins being born between July and october. 3 of the moms are so safety UNconsious to close to "idiots" Ok so for them I really dont want to get a "frilly" seat with all the gadgets. Just need to be VERY EASY to get it right.

One mom is VERY safety concious and want only the best. Regardless of brand.

And one mom is in between. she eats organic and breastfeed for 8 months. She stay home with first babe but when life gets tuff she bails. Not sure what type of seat to get her.

All mom prefer bucket but sorta safety mom like the EFTA or is willing to pay more for a better seat for 2 year old. I *think* he is in 3-1 seat.....

So what seats.

Like I said I have a few months. May wait to see what the graco seat may or may not be.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd go probably with four Graco Snugrides and then if the mom who wants the best wants something else, maybe a Keyfit 30 or a Snugride 32. Otherwise I'd just go for front adjust Snugrides. Those are what I've bought for my cousins.

Wendy

abckidsmom

Is the Snugride 32 the same as what was the SS1? I can NOT tell you how easy it is to get a perfect install on that seat. I love mine. I can't WAIT to get it back in action in May when our new babe is born.

The base is ridiculously easy to install and the harness is very easy to adjust. It's the same PITB rethreading to adjust the harness height, but I LOVE THAT SEAT!

ETA: Lookie how cute it is down there in my siggie! I'd forgotten it was down there.

vonfirmath

I'd get the Snugride32 for all of them. High limits, EXTRA easy to use. Its just like buckling the car seat inside the base, basically. Quite safe.

Evolily

I would get graco snugride 32's or graco safe seat 1's- basically the same seats. Explain to them that the seats rear face a lot of kids until 18 months or longer, and the seats will be outgrown either when they hit the weight limit or when there is less than 1 inch of shell above the head. I would include information on extended rear facing and seat checks with the seats.

Mama Jo

SnugRide 32's all around. Super easy and safe. I think the SafeSeat 1 is being discontinued and replaced by the SR32, so you can probably find the SS1 on sale, but likely with an older manufactured date. If they plan to use them to pass down to future children, I'd skip the SS1 and just go for the SR32. But if they won't need to use it after this kiddo, then I'd maybe consider SS1. Also, the SR32 hold up to 32 lbs and the SS1 up to 30 lbs.

Karen

I also think that SR 32's are the way to go, but not if it is going to be wasted on the safety unconscious. If they aren't going to use them past a year, I'd just get them cheaper front adjust SR's. :twocents:

Mama Jo

I also think that SR 32's are the way to go, but not if it is going to be wasted on the safety unconscious. If they aren't going to use them past a year, I'd just get them cheaper front adjust SR's. :twocents:

I think the SR32's might actually be better for the safety unconscious, for the reason that they would probably be less likely to buy a new seat until they absolutely have to, and would probably move them to FF'ing at that time. And since the SR32's will last longer, it could potentially give them more time RF'ing. :twocents:

I think there was another thread talking about this too...

Evolily

I think the SR32's might actually be better for the safety unconscious, for the reason that they would probably be less likely to buy a new seat until they absolutely have to, and would probably move them to FF'ing at that time. And since the SR32's will last longer, it could potentially give them more time RF'ing. :twocents:

I think there was another thread talking about this too...
My thought, too. It could be the difference between turning at a year (or longer, depending if they don't want to buy a new seat) or turning at 6 months.

capeKO71

nevaehsmommy

shhhh dont tell anyone about return to sell....I have been eyeing the comfort sport on that site as well for my ity bity neice.

I dont think my couins could turn the babies around to quick. I have converted my granma to Rfing. She is behind me 110%

If she saw one of the babies turned around before a year she would turn them back around herself. She has even learned to install the seat. Mind you she is in her mid 70's and NEVER had a car seat for any of her kids. Kinda neat.

OH and we all live on this "compund" so we see each other pretty much every day. Cant go out ide with out seeing omeone.

nevaehsmommy

Does anyone have comparion pictures of older babies in the safeseat/keyfit/snugride.

I know nothing about infant seats.

Evolily

Does anyone have comparion pictures of older babies in the safeseat/keyfit/snugride.

I know nothing about infant seats.

Safeseat and Snugride 32 (it MUST have a 32) are basically the same seats. The Keyfit 30 is also a nice seat, it's outgrown a bit quicker than the safeseat 1/snugride 32 BUT it fits small babies great.

Oh, and I would run in the opposite direction of the comfort sport, even for a small child. It's not worth it!

skaterbabs

Honestly, I think the Safe Seat 1 is about the most idiot-proof and easy-to-use infant seat available. Additionally, since it's being replaced by the Snugride 32, it will likely be marked down in price. The higher weight limit may encourage extended RF as well since using what you have is always cheaper than buying something else.

nevaehsmommy

. The higher weight limit may encourage extended RF as well since using what you have is always cheaper than buying something else.

That was my thinking as well. No one in our family has a lot of money to blow. And car seats are a big expense. I am learning the hard way it is better to buy a car seat that will last longer vs a chepa one that will last for a moment.:whistle:

skaterbabs

Exactly. That's one of the things I base my recommendations on when speaking with parents. They see me in my fifteen year old car and realize I'm not gooing to tell them to buy the most expensive seat - just the one that will fit their needs best.

heyruthie

also, i don't know *exactly* what the rules are (I've heard varying versions from different people at different stores) but Babies R Us has a multiples discount, which I've been told can be used for:

A-two children the same age
B-two children who arrive at the same time (like siblings via adoption)
C-purchasing 2 items that are identical at the same time

As I said, please don't take my word for it, because I'm not an expert. However, my BRU gave me a multiples discount when I adopted 2 children (of different ages) at the same time. Maybe they would give you a multiples discount if you bought 4-5 carseats at once. Who knows! It's worth asking....

nevaehsmommy

What is this Safety 1st 35 pound rf bucket seat all about? It is ALOT Cheaper then the others. But it goes to 5 more pounds.

Evolily

What is this Safety 1st 35 pound rf bucket seat all about? It is ALOT Cheaper then the others. But it goes to 5 more pounds.

It's suppose to be VERY nice for the price, fit little babies well, because it's new you might have difficulty finding someone who has installed it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC