Any information on the release month of Parkway 120?

kristenbelle

It's either a Regent for us or a BPB like the Parkway or the Oobr, and I don't think I can wait until July for the Oobr. Anyone have information as to when we expect the Parkway 120?

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Britax has given us no clue as to whether it's coming out at all, nor when, sorry.

kristenbelle

I e-mailed Pish Posh baby about this yesterday and they replied June of 2009. ???? I'm a bit skeptical about this - if it was really only 2 months away, wouldn't there be premarketing going on by Britax? Or is this not unusual for Britax to bring out a seat with no fanfare?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, I'm doubtful. But then, some people in Britax's marketing dept. are apparently smoking something illegal lately so you never know...

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I e-mailed Pish Posh baby about this yesterday and they replied June of 2009. ???? I'm a bit skeptical about this - if it was really only 2 months away, wouldn't there be premarketing going on by Britax? Or is this not unusual for Britax to bring out a seat with no fanfare?

It's Graco who tends to surprise us with new products without months of nail bitingly exciting anticipation, such as when the Nautilus surprisingly sprung up on the carseat market early last year. :) There's no mention of a prospective Parkway release in the Carseatblog entry listing info. by carseat manufacturer from Lifesavers last week: http://carseatblog.com/?p=1699 I think Britax would have directly stated something official about it at Lifesavers if it truly was a coming attraction. :twocents:

kristenbelle

There's no mention of a prospective Parkway release in the Carseatblog entry listing info. by carseat manufacturer from Lifesavers last week: http://carseatblog.com/?p=1699 I think Britax would have directly stated something official about it at Lifesavers if it truly was a coming attraction. :twocents:

Yes, that's my gut feeling too. We can pass down the Regent to DD2 if needed, so I think we'll go that route. DD1 is really feeling unhappy in her Wizard and although we can make it until June, I don't really believe it will come to fruition. And I'd rather buy a seat after it's been tested by others, which Regent is, rather than jumping to buy a re-issued seat which may have hidden issues like the Frontier.

Amaris

I was hoping to hear something by now, too. M is on the tallest setting of his monarch and I really want something that is taller, and not just by a little! As it is he will be going backless for good the next time his torso grows. :(

kristenbelle

Just heard back again from Pish Posh Baby and I was told that the 4 point is like a 5 point except it doesn't connect in the middle like a 5 point does. And that there should be pictures of the Parkway 120 on April 18th. Very encouraging!

skaterbabs

Rumoured seats are rarely what they are rumoured to be, and even more rarely are they AVAILABLE when they're "supposed" to be. I'd suggest not waiting for a seat that may or may not be released any time soon and make your choice from what *is* available now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC