What do you do about RF'ers muddy/wet shoes??

ADS

NannyMom

I have a canvas seat protector. It's supposed to go on the back of the driver's seat to protect from muddy shoes FF. Before winter came, I just had an old T-shirt on the seat to keep dirt off. This works for Captains Chairs ors eats with a split the right size. Now sure what I'd do if I had a regular car.

I know Natsyr posted recently about how she doesn't use anything to protect her seat, but a good cleaning got everything out.

fyrfightermomma

In winter they have easy on/off boots and we have them sit sideways in their seat and then take them off and then they settle in the seats.

In summer etc we either have a T shirt over the seat or just take the shoes off.

I hated it at first and thought it was so time consuming but really don't notice it anymore

rodentranger

I insisted on leather seats. But I have two big dogs who ride in the car frequently and have yet to figure out how to get their shoes off, so muddy feet on the seats is just a part of my life. The between-the-toes hair always stores a bit of mud and muck no matter how hard I try to clean them.

zeo2ski

Take shoes off, but more to protect the CR than the vehicle seat! If the ground is dry or kiddo didn't walk out (so shoes are dry) I'll let him leave them on if he wants, but he usually takes them off when he gets in anyway out of habit.

Stresch

We had a towel draped over the back seat and kind of tucked in around the top where the seats would fold down. It helped a lot.

Edited to add: You can kind of see it (it's light blue) in my (outdated) signature.

xursusmaritimusx

i take my daughters shoes off.

pretty much all her shoes are easy on/easy off.

sometimes if we're just going someplace close by and i don't take her shoes off my daughter, who is 2.5, flips out and takes them off anyway.

i guess she knows the routine :p

Mommy0608

I tried taking her shoes off but it's too much of a hassle because she doesn't really want to, plus she insists on climbing in by herself. "Jessie do it MYSELF!"

I use a thin plastic seat protector that was meant for the back of a front seat to protect the front seat from the feet of FF kids. It's super thin. I attached it to the head rest and then the front edge of the car seat holds the bottom of it down... does that make sense?

It's so thin that I'm comfortable using it. It does not interfere with my installation in any way and it's even thinner than a towel. :thumbsup:

veggiegirl228

I use a thin towel and drape it over the back of the seat, it doesn't interfer w/ install as I put it up after the fact.

AtTheSouthDam

An old flannel baby blanket, tucked into the seat crease at the bottom (above the latch connectors) and held in place on top by the headrests (I pocked holes is it). I only did that about 2 weeks because it hasn't been wet here until now.

waterbaby

I wanted to just do pillowcases, but our seats are extra wide. So I tried towels, but they wre always coming untucked. So, I sewed some towels together to make a "pillowcase" that would fit and they work great. I just made two with black towels.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Unless the shoes are wet/muddy we keep them on. If it's yucky out, we either carry Ilana to the van or we just take her shoes off.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Shoes off here as well. It's become routine for DD. She climbs into our SUV herself, and hangs onto the side of her seat and lifts one foot, we pull shoes off, lifts others foot, other shoes comes off and climbs into her seat herself.

itzmeigh

If he just walkled from the house to the car then I just put him in. Usually they aren't that wet especially not once he has stepped into the car. If we are going across a parking lot and it has puddles then I would carry him. Harder when you have 2 little ones I guess... But I still would have used the shopping cart or something...

If he's been out playing and they are truely wet and muddy then I take them off.

While I'm all for kids *Do it myself* there are just times when MOMMY has to do it. So if his shoes were truely muddy and dirty then that's one time he's just not going to get to do it himself. And if every time we get in the car his shoes are muddy and dirty then I have him sit on the floor board and take him shoes off himself and then get in the seat. Sometimes you just can't do it all your self! (I liked the idea of hanging on the seat while I take off the shoes then them getting to climb the rest of the way in.)

But I really didn't run into that many times what we had wet or dirty shoes. But then we don't have snow here and while it does rain a good bit it is so hot that it dries fast.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC