Girly HBB recommendation

jewlsvern

In August when DS is born I need to move DNi to the back row of my Mazda 5 to be able to put DS in the 2nd row. I only carry DNe and DNi occasionally so I don't want DD or DS in the 3rd row for convenience.

She has been in a NBB since she was 6 and is now 8. She no longer rides in anything in her parents cars, but because of the seatbelt issue in the 3rd row of the Mazda 5 I need her to still be in a booster.

She is not going to be happy that I will move her from a NBB to a HBB but I thought if I could find a cute, girly pink booster she might not put up such a fuss. My sis does still have another HBB (black, ugly, and not in the greatest condition, but not expired) that I can use but I would rather not have to deal with the complaints and get her something she might like.

Any recs? I don't want it to be too expensive and hoping for a long lifespan so DD can use it down the line.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
How tall is she? Is she more legs or torso? How much does she weigh? Those will all factor into how she fits in different boosters. :)

disbugsmomma

Evenflo and Graco both have some really pretty girly prints. I would check out their websites. I like the Emma print on the Evenflo Big Kid booster, I think it's really pretty.

jewlsvern

How tall is she? Is she more legs or torso? How much does she weigh? Those will all factor into how she fits in different boosters. :)

She is roughly 49 lbs I am not sure how tall but average for an 8 yr old. She wears size 7 in clothes for both pants and shirts so fairly proportionate.

Her brother is 6 and is 1in taller and he still fits in his Evenflo HBB.

AtTheSouthDam

She sounds like she is the same size as my 5 yo so she should fit a TB well. We use one as her back up seat and she has one or two clicks left before she maxes it out.

heyruthie

My Big Lots had the girly pink Turbo Booster for $25 last week when I was there. but i was shopping for a "boy" pattern :(

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep. Sounds like a TB is your best bet. My Big Lots still has a few of the girly TBs, I hear. (It's the "Tara" print.) Or, they have a gazillion others available online and in different stores. Some are really pretty. :)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
The TB and Big Kid WILL NOT WORK in that 3rd row!

Defrost will remember everything that has worked back there, but from what I recall - the Monterey, Start and Frontier were the best booster choices. The GN won't work because there is base overhang (I think!), and Graco forbids that.

Maedze

For the third row of the Mazda five I would skip the TB (although i love it) and go straight to the Sunshine Kids Monterey. (pink, of course ;) )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC