Tying down stuff in trunk of ody....

musicmaj

This might be a dumb question, but how do you secure the stuff (stroller, bags, etc...) in the back of a minivan. I am ashamed to say that I never thought about it until now. I try not to keep stuff that can become projectiles in the passenger area, but never really thought about the trunk.

ADS

lovinwaves

My ody in the back has a cargo net. I put toys and stuff like that in there. As for my stroller I keep in the very back with the third row up. It is a duoglider so there is no way that thing can jump over the third row and hit us (well, at least not very likely). I just don't take it with me if I don't need it.

lovinwaves

My ody in the back has a cargo net. I put toys and stuff like that in there. As for my stroller I keep in the very back with the third row up. It is a duoglider so there is no way that thing can jump over the third row and hit us (well, at least not very likely). I just don't take it with me if I don't need it.

This got me wondering...Does anyone have or know of any video links showing crash test footage of projectiles in cars and what they can do?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I've seen one, though for the life of me I couldn't tell you where I saw it. But it showed the groceries on the backseat or on the floor behind the front seats. ALWAYS put anything in the passenger cabin on the floor behind the front seats. It's amazingly compartmentalized. The video I saw just showed the groceries jumping up, I think most of them landed back in the bags. Whereas the stuff on the seat/loose elsewhere not behind a seat it flew like you'd expect.

Wendy

skaterbabs

The British show Fifth Gear did a show a while back on projectiles complete with crash test videos, but I can't find it online right now.

Kellyr2

I woudln't think the compartment deal would work in a minivan though, would it? In a sedan, I could see it, but not a minivan?

Amaris

We have a 2003 Odyssey, and we've found that if you go to a pet store they have gate style things that you can install in a van that are designed to keep a dog in the back. We use one of these to keep things that belong in the back in the back. When we actually travel with the dog it is taken down and moved behind the center row, with the third row folded into the floor so the dog can be in his crate!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC