New TF and crotch strap positions?

kalamos23

We are currently using a MA while waiting for the TF to come out - we had a 2 position older TF but I didn't like how my then 4 month old was sitting on the furthest out position on the crotch strap. Does anyone know if the newer ones will come with 3 positions? My now 9 month old is going to need the extra room as she is a fairly big kid.

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Once they are out of diapers they take up WAY less room in the seat. My diaperless 2 year old used the 1st setting until she was just over 2.5, which was yesterday when I switched it to the 2nd setting. And she's definitely got room to grow before she is too big for the 2nd setting. Oh, and she's chubby thighed and 29-30 pounds.

kalamos23

It's more until she pottytrains that I am worried about - she was 27 lbs. at her 9m appt. and while she has slowed some in growth, I don't think she will pottytrain until at the earliest 16-18mo. We use cloth diapers so it really doesn't help the situation lol!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
It's more until she pottytrains that I am worried about - she was 27 lbs. at her 9m appt. and while she has slowed some in growth, I don't think she will pottytrain until at the earliest 16-18mo. We use cloth diapers so it really doesn't help the situation lol!
LOL Ya, we used cloth too so I totally understand! Do you have somewhere that you could try her in the seat? I wouldn't worry unless she was actually sitting on the strap. If it's just out a tad, it wouldn't bother me because she's not over it, it's her diaper that's over it. :)

Splash

Yes, when they're out of diapers it can change, but not enough IMO. It's the main reason I took the seats back. Both of my kids were insanely tight in the crotch, including a skinny 3.5 year old who is long since out of diapers. Here are some pictures of how tight it was on him. He's not even wearing underwear in this pic, just thin flannel pants.

I LOVE the seat, but that is just a horrible design problem IMO. Some kids will fit fine without complaint, it was too tight on him and bruised his thighs from the tightness and angle.
Picture showing how the hip straps went over him. A horrible fit, really, because of how shallow and short that crotch strap is. It was his favorite seat, too.

My younger son was ~2 months at the time, cloth diapered, and with the infant insert I actually could not buckle it. Without the insert, it was tight but doable. He screamed though, and it left horrible marks on his legs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC