I made a mistake getting the Marathon

RJB78

CPST Instructor
Don't get me wrong, I love the seat, but it doesn't fit my needs. This is the first Marathon I've ever even had the chance to play with. I've always drooled over them. It's beautiful, easy to use, etc, but when you have an almost 6 year old and a 3 1/2 year old and you're not having any more kids, it was pretty silly to get one. :eek: I even sold my Nautilus to get it! :doh:

Dd2's main seat was the True Fit. I love this seat, too, and I actually like it a lot better for an older child. The Marathon sits so high up compared to the TF (looks more like a baby seat), and it is a lot more narrow in the shoulders. She definitely won't last as long in the Marathon. I just took a step down, IMO.

I know none of this is new to anyone, but I had to share my stupidity. Now instead of having 2 seats each for my kids (and a Monterey on the way), I have 1 seat for my oldest and 3 for my youngest. I don't even need 3 for her. Not good for a family on a budget. :thumbsdown: Dh was not happy. :whistle:

ADS

MoreLatte

Can you return it or post it on swap or CL? While I LOVE my MAs, I agree that bigger kids do start to look squished in it. Although, my 5 1/2yr old does still fit and doesn't complain if she ever needs to ride in it, with the base putting her up so high, she does look ginormous.

So, yeah, I understand. I love the MA, but I do like the lower profile seats for bigger kids. Maybe it'll grow on you and you can let her use it til she outgrows it, then sell it.

emandbri

HUGS! What cover is it? It is at least pretty? Post on swap maybe someone has some modified foam they don't need anymore. I have one but I don't want to part with it! hee hee

emandbri

When the MA first came out britax sold some modified foam to give bigger kids more shoulder room. They have to be using the top slots to use it. It is basically the same as regular foam but the foam doesn't go all the way down the sides, it stops after the head.

MoreLatte

When the MA first came out britax sold some modified foam to give bigger kids more shoulder room. They have to be using the top slots to use it. It is basically the same as regular foam but the foam doesn't go all the way down the sides, it stops after the head.

Ok, that makes sense! I totally could not figure it out! lol

tjham

I sympathize! I so wish that they made the big Britax seats with REMOVABLE BASES! (Hey, Sarah?) I would have bought another one if that was the case. But they just sit up soooo high.

I did buy one when my granddaughter was 4 1/2 and she used it to 7 1/2, but there are so many other choices now. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC