Pics of my kids in the TF

Mommy0608

ETA: Woohoo, I got the pictures fixed. :)

We received our Misty Morning True Fit yesterday! :) DOM 1/2/2008 which at first I didn't like, but then I realized it has 3 crotch buckle positions so I'm happy with it. :thumbsup:

First I got pics of Tyler in the seat. He'll be 8 months old this weekend, weighs 21lbs naked and is tall (not sure exactly, but over 97th percentile). He is just about even with the second slots. Once installed, I'm not sure if I'd use the first or second slots for him. He is even with the first crotch buckle position. I didn't use the infant insert but did use the little head support that goes around the harness straps. He might use that in the car, but I doubt Jessica would. I think it's a little small to really be beneficial, and may just be a hassle to use.

TylerinTF4-2-091.jpg

TylerinTF4-2-094.jpg

Jessica was really cranky so I didn't get a good picture. I'll try again. I told her before her nap that she would have a new car seat when she wakes up. When she got up she asked to see it, so she ran out to the living room. She started crying and saying, "Where's the PINK car seat?!" Apparently she wanted Monet. :( I didn't get that one because Tyler will need the TF for sure. Depending on how big she is when he outgrows the SS1, she'll either get another TF (Monet apparently) or a Nautilus/Frontier.

Jessica is about 1/2" below the 3rd slots so we're using the 2nd slots. If I notice that they slip off her shoulders then we'll move up to the 3rd. She is also using the first crotch buckle position. I took out that head pillow in the car, just didn't seem like it would do much for her. She does look pretty narrow in this seat, hopefully she is comfortable.

JessicainTF4-2-091.jpg

JessicainTF4-2-092.jpg

She didn't want to get in it in the car so of course she's crying again. She's very emotional lately because her seizure med was increased. :(

Anyway, I know I said I was going to get comparison pics of the kids in the EFTA and TF, but it didn't happen (yet). Jessica is just WAY too cranky right now. The EFTA is in my basement, I haven't cut the straps yet. Hopefully next week I'll get some comparison pics (we're going away for the weekend).

Last edited:
ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
You've got to try it with the insert--so cozy! And one of the benefits of having an older DOM (mine is May 2008) is that there is no max weight for the insert :whistle:

Mommy0608

You've got to try it with the insert--so cozy! And one of the benefits of having an older DOM (mine is May 2008) is that there is no max weight for the insert :whistle:

Yeah, we were discussing that in a different thread yesterday, mine doesn't have a max for it either but newer ones have a 22lb limit. I wonder if that is retroactive?

Do you mean I should try it for Tyler, or for both of them? I wonder if Jessica would fit better with it... she's so narrow (Tyler's actually wider than she is!)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I use the padding for my 21 pound 2 year old, since she is quite narrow and the fit is better. My 3 year old doesn't use it because she doesn't like it (she has an adversion to comfort products, like the harness pads :rolleyes:). I'm not super concerned about the safety of using the padding after 22 pounds. I really can't see how it would drastically alter the safety of the seat.

ginny4

oh poor jessica. she looks just so sad. i hope you have a better day.

well i guess you need to get an extra cover for jessica LOL.

wow she looks so skinny in the TF. tyler looks bigger than she does. i really find that amusing. LOL interested in seeing a comparison with the EFTA. i like PP suggestion in trying the insert for jessica. i think she needs some space filled up there. tyler looks adorable in the TF.

Mommy0608

I think I'll try the infant padding. I was just a little worried about compression with a heavier child (she's 27lbs) but I guess RF it probably wouldn't be much of a concern (or would it?) The manual does say it was tested and proven safe, with no weight limit.

She really is narrow, Tyler IS wider than her. She's tall though. I just measured her a minute ago against the wall and she's 38.5".

I'm not ordering her another cover, this seat itself wasn't in the budget. She'll have to wait until Tyler outgrows the SS1 to get a pink seat (either TF, Nautilus or Frontier depending on how big she is).

What cuties! Awww, hope she has a better day.

Thanks for the pics, the truefit looks really nice. I love that color.
Can't wait to see the comparison pics later.

Have a good weekend.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yeah but reallya 27 pound kid would compress the padding more initially, so there would be less to squish in a crash and less slack allowed...

Yoshi

First thing I wanted to say was- the baby looks so happy:love: He is adorable- I don't think I've seen a picture of him before- what a cutie pie!

And then I scrolled down and my heart almost broke for your DD:crying: Awwww...she looks so sad.....I almost want to run right out and get her a Monet cover:( She is SUPER adorable too...((((HUGS))))

Mommy0608

First thing I wanted to say was- the baby looks so happy:love: He is adorable- I don't think I've seen a picture of him before- what a cutie pie!

And then I scrolled down and my heart almost broke for your DD:crying: Awwww...she looks so sad.....I almost want to run right out and get her a Monet cover:( She is SUPER adorable too...((((HUGS))))

Thanks! Tyler's just the happiest little baby I've ever seen!! Totally different personality than DD. Unfortunately DD's moods are affected by her seizure meds, and after her increase last week she's just a raging emotional basket case. This is also the first time she's ever expressed a true, strong preference for anything. I guess she's getting to that age now... she'll be 3 in a couple months. I feel bad that she can't have the Monet now (she saw it online and fell in love), but Tyler has to get this seat. If I knew for SURE that she'd still need the TF to stay RF when he outgrows the SS1 I'd have gotten her the Monet. However, since I don't know if she'll still have lots of RF time, I didn't... if she still fits RF, then we'll get another TF and get Monet for her at that time. If not, she'll get a Nautilus or Frontier and I'll let her choose the color.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
She'll have loads of room RF. Loads ;) My DD has outgrown the EFTA and has a good 4-5" of shell in her TF :thumb

Blondie87

You mommas can do whatever.. lol. But I am just going to let you know I had the 3 crotch position one in the manual has no weight limit for the inserts, and I asked LC and was told that it must be removed at 22 lbs.

Mommy0608

She'll have loads of room RF. Loads ;) My DD has outgrown the EFTA and has a good 4-5" of shell in her TF :thumb

That's kind of what I'm thinking, but didn't want to take a chance on getting a Monet TF if we didn't actually NEED it.

You mommas can do whatever.. lol. But I am just going to let you know I had the 3 crotch position one in the manual has no weight limit for the inserts, and I asked LC and was told that it must be removed at 22 lbs.

Thanks, that's what I figured. I am going to let her ride in it this weekend (2 hour drive tonight and again Sunday night) and see how she does in it without the insert.

Pixels

What a cutie your son is! Jessica is too, in your siggy, no so much in those TF pics. She just looks so miserable. :(

Anyway, I know I said I was going to get comparison pics of the kids in the EFTA and TF, but it didn't happen (yet). Jessica is just WAY too cranky right now. The EFTA is in my basement, I haven't cut the straps yet. Hopefully next week I'll get some comparison pics (we're going away for the weekend).

Did I miss something? Was the EFTA crashed? I thought you were going to use it for Tyler.

Mommy0608

What a cutie your son is! Jessica is too, in your siggy, no so much in those TF pics. She just looks so miserable. :(

Did I miss something? Was the EFTA crashed? I thought you were going to use it for Tyler.

Haha, yes, you did miss something! I posted last week about the EFTA knob ruining my vehicle seat and also the seat bruising Jessica's back (it's a constant bruise). I called Evenflo and they're refunding me. I have to send them the straps as proof that I'm not using the seat any more before they send the check.

kaysmom

I didn't use the infant insert but did use the little head support that goes around the harness straps. He might use that in the car, but I doubt Jessica would. I think it's a little small to really be beneficial, and may just be a hassle to use.

Thanks for sharing your pics!!

We used the little head pillow/support in the car for about 2 trips and I couldnt stand it:eek: The velcro kept coming undone and it got in the way of getting her in straight right away, and halfway thru the ride she'd moved her head back and forth looking out the windows so it was usually hanging to one side any way:p

Mommy0608

Thanks for sharing your pics!!

We used the little head pillow/support in the car for about 2 trips and I couldnt stand it:eek: The velcro kept coming undone and it got in the way of getting her in straight right away, and halfway thru the ride she'd moved her head back and forth looking out the windows so it was usually hanging to one side any way:p

Yep, between that and the strap covers, it was too much hassle. I won't use it with Tyler either unless he really needs it.

ginny4

jessie looks happier in your new siggy!

i'm jealous jenny. jessie has short torso, all legs, & a lightweight. she can RF for so long in the TF. WAH my james is too heavy. tho its funny how he hasn't gained a thing since i turned him FF. tho his torso is too tall he wouldn't be able to RF in the FPSVD at all.

Auntie2six

I love the matching of your seats! Tyler's SS1 is black, silver, and light blue and the TF has the same colors! How great! And the kiddo's are super cute, even with the crying face! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC