If you have a Keyfit...

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Can you measure the bottom harness slot for me? I'm assisting with the tech update info being put together and went to measure it tonight, but couldn't for the life of me figure out the best way to measure it because of the infant padding. (I want the measurement with the infant padding in.)

Thanks if anyone is able to help. I did manage to come up with a number, but would like to see what other people come up with before providing the number to the person compiling the info.:thumbsup:

ADS

snowbird25ca

7” lowest shoulder height with newborn insert, 7.5” without.

Thanks. :)

What area are you measuring to? Because that's drastically different than what I was getting - though I had a lot of difficulty with the padding...

But I finally thought is was around 5.5 to 6" which sounded fairly reasonable since it's meant to fit a preemie - 7" sounds pretty high - I think that's the same as the bottom of the Snugride... The Keyfit does fit preemies really well doesn't it? :confused:

mykidsmylife

That is also what I am wondering......
I have one sitting in my Aafes cart for $155 right now debating if it would really be better then the 2 snugrides I already have.

snowbird25ca

That is also what I am wondering......
I have one sitting in my Aafes cart for $155 right now debating if it would really be better then the 2 snugrides I already have.

Everything I've read and seen has indicated that the Keyfit fits preemies really well. It's why I'm wondering about 7" - it sounds pretty high and is about 1.5" difference than what I measured. I figured I might be out by 1/2", but didn't think it would be that much. Maybe the padding just makes it near impossible to get an accurate measurement?

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
I measured about 6" also. And from nursing experience...yes, it does fit smaller babies well.... much better than other seats i've seen.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Hmmmm, my measurements were from the thread that I asked for measurements. Gonna have to remeasure and change the spreadsheet tonight.

snowbird25ca

Thanks guys! :D

I had been unsure between 5.5 and 6" and figured it must be closer to 5.5 knowing it fit preemies well, but the padding kept lifting up so that's why I asked. I can easily go with 6" from what I was seeing and I'll include a note that it was a bit difficult to measure. :thumbsup:

Thanks again. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC