Question KeyFit 30 vs. Peg Perego

C

Chibaby

Hi - I am new here but am seeking advice! I just found out that I am pregnant with my first child, due in early December. I am the type that has been researching baby products long before we tried to conceive, so I've already narrowed down our car seat choices to the KeyFit 30 or the Peg Perego.

The KeyFit seems to be the most comfortable for baby and more user-friendly, however, we are interested in getting the Bob Revolution stroller, which is why a Peg is in the running (Chicco is not compatible). However, since our baby will be due in the winter (and we live in Chicago), I doubt I will be able to stroll outside in the Bob that much anyway and by spring our little one can sit in the Bob without the carseat. I would be interested in a carrier frame if we went with the Chicco, and it looks like the Maclaren Easy Traveller is a good option. I also love the colors on the Adventure fabric KeyFit...very gender neutral!

What would you choose...any opinions? Thanks in advance!

ADS

featherhead

I chose the Keyfit:) Most people here say the Peg is far too expensive for what you get. I have the Keyfit waiting in the car right now, if this baby would just decide to come:rolleyes:. It is super easy to install the base, and it looks very cozy for a tiny newborn.

NicoleP

well i love my peg perego viaggio. I don't that you have to put the bar down in the car though. I wish we would of kept the chicco, but cosmetically (sad huh?) I just loved the green bubble pattern on the peg perego and it matched my stroller too :) as I had the peg green bubble stroller!

:) I'd probably get the chicco if I had to do it again!!

Maedze

The Keyfit30 is easier to install, easier to use, will last longer. The Peg Perego isn't a bad or unsafe seat, it's just not as 'nice' as the Chicco.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I too vote for the Chicco. The Peg looks okay cosmetically/use buckling baby in, but putting it in cars can be hard, it doesn't last as long, and it's soooo expensive for what it is!

Plus the new KeyFit patterns coming out are soooo cute, especially Miro!

essnce629

Another vote for the keyfit! It's the easiest to install and use infant seat out there. My new one just arrived today for baby #2!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
well i love my peg perego viaggio. I don't that you have to put the bar down in the car though. I wish we would of kept the chicco, but cosmetically (sad huh?) I just loved the green bubble pattern on the peg perego and it matched my stroller too :) as I had the peg green bubble stroller!

:) I'd probably get the chicco if I had to do it again!!

I think you left a word out...is it that you don't like that you have to put the bar (handle) down in the car? :eek: Yes, that is a major drawback on the Peg, that the handle has to be put back/down when driving. The Chiccos and Gracos and Coscos and Combis all allow the handle to be left up, which is just one more reason to consider those...they'll just be easier to use day in and day out :thumbsup:

monstah

Another thing. Often, car seats will fit (maybe not perfectly) on strollers, even though they aren't listed as being "compatible".
I have no experience what-so-ever with the Peg and Revolution, but if you know of a baby store that has them both in stock, go play, you may find out that the car seat still works with the stroller.

I was in Babies R Us atleast 5 different times just to play with all of the infant seats, I suggest you do the same, if possible, because it will give you a good idea of what you really like.

(I decided on the Key Fit, I just couldn't get myself to love any other car seat more.)

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
I much prefer the keyfit as well. I just think it's an awesome carseat...as for your stroller compatibility....I think being due in the winter you won't be using the carseat with the stroller outdoors for a while...but it's very nice to be able to use it for indoor shopping etc.
I did an astonishing amount of research before I had a baby as well...and actually traveled way too far to play with strollers. : ) But we ended up getting a bumbleride indie. It is compatible with the keyfit and I definitely don't regret my decision.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC