Child back pain?

MelllieMa

Hi guys,
Can you help me figure this out? My son (will be three in November) has been complaining of late that his back hurts whenever he is in the car. This happens in all of his seats... his Roundabout, Advantage, Maxi-Cosi Priori, Graco Ultra Cargo... he says it in all of them. When asked for specifics he puts his hand on his lower back. I had the doctor check and nothing is medically wrong that we could find. I wondered if his legs dangled and that hurt so I propped his feet... nothing seems to help. Do you think he needs a seat with a deeper base so his knees aren't so far over the edge? He does need a new seat soon anyway, as he is 38lbs and 38". He's heavy compared to my other two who hovered at 30 lbs until they hit 4 years old or more.
If he does need a seat with a deeper base then what do you suggest? I can't do the Regent as I need the space in the middle of my Camry for other passengers and 6yo ds is in a Parkway on the other side. The new FP has a VERY shallow seat, as do the higher limit Britax convertibles. Ideas please? This is a new one on me. :confused:
(PS Sorry I haven't posted much lately... I'm in an awfully heated court case and anything I do online can be too easily monitored, so I limit computer time dramatically. Wish everything could go back to normal again. Sigh....)

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The Safeguard GO base is incredibly deep, he might find it comfy....and cheaper than the Recaro Start with Footrest by a long shot, lol.

We miss you, anyway, hope all gets better soon.

:)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Hi there! :) Yes, I ditto that if you can afford 1 of those seats (Regent, too) -- Leila has the same "issue" & for her an empty cardboard or styrofoam box, folded old comforter, large garbage bag full of balloons (lots of fun for her to participate in with the making of, LOL) or a pool noodle with rope attached to outboard unused LATCH hooks all serve as acceptable means of feet support for help her back :rolleyes: ;)

lovinwaves

I don't know much about the carseat situation, but if he is complaining about his back in other situations you might try seeing a Chiropractor. My aunt is one and has seen my kids since birth. She doesn't really adjust them, she just does a certain kind of massage. Just another avenue if you can't find a solution with your carseat. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC