Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Parkway vs Compass B510 - Which has better SIP?

I compared the Parkway and the new Compass B510 in the store today. Both have EPS foam on the headwings and both have approximately the same depth to the headwings.

Wouldn't it make sense that both boosters would be about equally safe for side impact protection? (Beside the torso sidewing on the Parkway that doesn't have EPS foam.)

Is there anything else about the Parkway that would make it safer than the Compass? It seesm that there is no way of knowing the "safety" of the SIP on each booster, since it is not testing of SIP in the US.

Any thoughts?....

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I haven't seen the newer Compass -- but if the headwings are equally deep with EPS foam, then my decision would be based on height (Parkway was taller than the older Compass) & kiddo's comfort (not to mention cost)....
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

So are you saying you agree that either should be equally safe? I'm just trying to wrap my mind around this side impact stuff.

I'm not too concerned about the height because he is stocky and has siblings to pass it down to. And the price is about the same.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar
    I'd guess it's probably just about as safe or the same, in terms of SIP.
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good