help with seating arrangements please!

FrogJuice

Okay I need help! I'm driving a 2001 mazda mpv, I have kelsey, madison and gavin, plus a one year old who I watch for a friend, who is actally do to have a baby the end of the year. I was asked my a friend to watch a his little boy temperarily until he can find other daycare that will work for him. I will only have this little boy every other week. The problem is I have to get kelsey and madison to school, pick them up, plus be available to go get them if needed from school.
Okay I currently have my 2nd row seats put together as a bench, with the little girl RF in a radian on driver side, and the gavin in his ss1 on the other side. then I have kelsey in her TB in third row driver side, with madison in the GN on the passenger side third row. I need to be able to get three in the back row.
I have a Como I was going to use for the little boy, but don't know if it will work out. I'm willing to purchase another seat if I have to.

any suggestions?

ADS

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I think your best bet is going to be to put the Radian in the back. The Nauti is a wide seat. I would put the TB, RF Radian, and Como (if they fit) and then the Nauti and SS1 in the middle. If you cannot fit the Como, the Scenera should fit in the back.

Pixels

Let's see if I have this clear.
Kelsey - TB 3rd row driver's
Madison - GN 3rd row passenger side
Gavin - RF SS1 2nd row passenger's side
1yo girl - RF RN 2nd row driver's side
temporary boy - Como or ??

What are the boy's stats? Age, height, weight (if you know them), and do you want/plan to RF or FF?

FrogJuice

yes you have the current configuration correct
The little boy is almost 2, I plan to forward face him, he's a big boy not sure exact weight but he's gotta be at least 35 maybe more, his parents have him of course FF. I will find out the exact weight. I'm thinking of selling the como to help fund another radian. I think the scenera wouldn't be worth the money with such a big boy.

Pixels

Okay. The Nauti is kinda wide, so that may have to move to one of the captain's chairs. If you don't want to buy new seats, try the Como, Radian, and TB in the third row. Or SS1, Radian, and TB. You can wait to snap the SS1 in its base until the other two have gotten past it if it helps with traffic flow. You can try putting the Radian FFing (for temporary boy) and Como RFing for the 1yo. Basically just mix and match until you find something that works.

If you're looking for an excuse to buy a Radian, then I can tell you that you'll definitely another Radian to make it work. ;)

Have you looked in the three-across thread? That might help you figure out what will work.

No matter what, make sure that your booster rider is careful about buckling/unbuckling next to a carseat. If you can, put Kelsey on the side that only has one buckle so there's no risk.

FrogJuice

I don't have the extra little girl tomorrow so while madi and kelsey are at school and once gavin's down for a nap I'm going to go play around.
Thanks for all your help

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
EDITING: oops, still typing....

Driver | Passenger
1yo~Radian | _ |Gavin~SS1
Kelsey~Turbo | Madison~Nautilus

+ 2yo

Have you tried. . .
RFcomo | Radian | SS1 :question:

I might keep the 1yo girl RF, but in the Como & 2yo boy in Radian either RF or FF, whichever works better.

Do the older kids climb through the middle?
Can they climb through the cargo area?
The vehicle manual does, for sure, allow carseats/boosters in the 3rd row?

(we briefly had an MDX, but I only installed Britax seats in the 2nd row)

FrogJuice

Becky just got here so we are going to go try some things out.
and yes I have read my manual and seats are allowed in the third row!

Just to find out what is the slimmest booster available?

FrogJuice

Okay we got them in!
All seats are indepedantly snug:thumbsup:
We ended up with
3rd row: all FF seats GN,Como,RN
2nd row:TB,ss1
I did end up having to put 1yo girl FF, sorry it makes me sad too. But mom has had her FF in a GN, before she turned a yr. I will be turning her RF again after I'm done temporarily caring for this boy or purchase a new seat.

FrogJuice

Yes, so were we! But I'm glad it did cause I really didn't want to have to purchase anther new seat til Gavin out grows the ss1.

MustangMama

I am so happy we got them in too! I was so proud we did it.

Unfortunately, the little 1yo did have to be turned FF but it is only for a few weeks until she can either afford another RN or the 2yo finds another daycare. Whichever comes first.

We tried EVERYTHING! including everything we could to keep the 1yo RF. Unfortnately the Como was too tall to go on either passenger or driver side of the car so it had to remain in the middle. But that helped us be able to stuff the other car seats underneath the Como and spared us a couple of inches.

All I have to say is if those seats come out before you get another Radian, you're gonna get tomatoes in your face if you ask me to help put them back in!! LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC