Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Carseat Crazy

New Graco Item?!?

I have heard that graco has just developed a seat that rear-faces to 40lbs!! Yes, that is 40lbs rear-facing and forward facing to 65lbs! I don't have many details, but that it has passed all the crash testing and production will start very soon. I wish I could get more details, but unfortunately I couldn't get many answers. It might hit shelves as soon as July!

Tasha, mom to Brendan, Colin and Brynn
    Brendan, 1/04, 68lbs monterey
    Colin, 8/07, 42lbs regent or radian
    Brynn, 11/08, 32lbs rearfacing in marathon

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: New Graco Item?!?

I dunno...somehow I just doubt it....I'm silently willing them to ditch the CS and CC and try again in the convertible department, though.

However, they DID spring the Nautilus on us, so maybe they've got some more secrets. I'm sure they very much underestimated the rapid popularity of the GN, and now that they're the only ones without a HWH convertible seat, I'm sure they've got to have SOMEthing on the drafting table.
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

Graco has seats in Sweden that rf to like 55#s so maybe they are finally going to do something right

I need one...but only if it's at least as tall as the MA and doesn't take up anymore room front-to-back...oh and it has to be easy to tighten.

I won't hold my breath though.
    Mom to P (9), J (almost 8), & E (2.5)

Carseat Crazy

Been on the drafting table for a LONG TIME! Finally off the table and a reality! Good news for them in light of new AAP position statement.

Tasha, mom to Brendan, Colin and Brynn
    Brendan, 1/04, 68lbs monterey
    Colin, 8/07, 42lbs regent or radian
    Brynn, 11/08, 32lbs rearfacing in marathon

Where did you hear this? Is it a reliable source?

I did hear awhile ago Graco would be coming out with a new HWH convertible. But all I was hoping for was 50-65 pounds FF and 35 RF. I think I'll hold off on buying Sofi's new seat maybe. Or...this would give me an excuse to buy another
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

CPS Advocate

If this is true, my head is going to pop off from sheer joy.

Huh. Really?
    My new true fit is on hold anyway, I might have to wait and see what this beast may be. DD2 could rear face until 2nd grade in something like that.
    And I was never too unhappy with my comfort sport , just that is was too small and out grown so fast (but then again, I had not experienced the wonders of Britax or Recaro then)
    If I'm here tell me to get back to writing
    Writing, dreaming, homeschooling mom to Beth, 10-03, and Ciara, 6-06
    http://dreamingatthesouthdam.wordpress.com/

I want to know where this info is coming from. I'll have to consider rear-facing to age 6.

Senior Community Member poohbearkrazy's Avatar

Today is April fools guys. Don't get too excited.
    Christine:Mommy to: Anthony 10.2, Caleb 8.11, Jacob 5.10, Katelynn our newbie 6/18/13
    and our angel Nevaeh 1/1/07-1/1/07

Quote Originally Posted by poohbearkrazy View Post
    Today is April fools guys. Don't get too excited.
    Around here people don't do April Fool's day jokes after noon and from what I can see, there isn't a time zone where it's before noon.

ETA: and I see Wikipedia tells me that in the U.S. jokes are done all day. Glad we don't have to put up with waiting for jokes all day long!

Senior Community Member Evolily's Avatar

It would be awesome if they do make it, it has a tall enough shell, and a relatively reasonable pricepoint (I can't really get excited if the seat costs $400 a pop). Really awesome if they introduce some new to the american market technology like one of those boots that prevents over rotation. Only way we'll know is if they release something official, though .
    Formerly known as CelticLabyrinth
    Big sister to
    A, 5/06 and C 11/04
    Riding in Safety 1st Incognitos

CPS Fanatic

Oh please don't be an April fools joke. I really want a RF to 40 pound limit seat.

Senior Community Member mommaon112903's Avatar

I know my sis will be in the market for a convertible seat for her car before this time next year, she is in love with her Snugride already...I can't wait for something official! Hopefully like others have said it will be a decent seat, at a decent price!
    Crystal, SAHM to J age 8yrs11months/49.25"/55lbs/Blue Opal Recaro ProBoosterand Orange OSPKWY

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    Around here people don't do April Fool's day jokes after noon and from what I can see, there isn't a time zone where it's before noon.

ETA: and I see Wikipedia tells me that in the U.S. jokes are done all day. Glad we don't have to put up with waiting for jokes all day long!

Sorry I wasn't trying to be rude. I've just been pranked once already today so I was kind of skeptacle (sp?).
    Christine:Mommy to: Anthony 10.2, Caleb 8.11, Jacob 5.10, Katelynn our newbie 6/18/13

Quote Originally Posted by poohbearkrazy View Post
    Sorry I wasn't trying to be rude. I've just been pranked once already today so I was kind of skeptacle (sp?).
    Oh no, you weren't rude at all. I just hadn't realized that the U.S. did jokes all day long. Us Canadians quit at noon.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    Oh no, you weren't rude at all. I just hadn't realized that the U.S. did jokes all day long. Us Canadians quit at noon.
    LOL yeah, unfortunately we have to deal with it all day. I like everyone else hope that this is real. How awesome would that be?

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan's Mom View Post
    I have heard that graco has just developed a seat that rear-faces to 40lbs!! Yes, that is 40lbs rear-facing and forward facing to 65lbs! I don't have many details, but that it has passed all the crash testing and production will start very soon. I wish I could get more details, but unfortunately I couldn't get many answers. It might hit shelves as soon as July!
    Yes!! This is TRUE! Not an April Fool's joke. I have a reliable source that told me about it at our last seat check a few months ago. I didn't share because I didn't know if it was public knowledge or not.
    Carla - CPST

K - 10/17/05 - Diono Monterrey and Britax Parkway SGL
    L
    - 05/03/07 - Diono Monterrey and Britax Parkway SGL
    J
    - 06/24/10 - Britax Frontier and FF Britax Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by KirasMommy View Post
    Yes!! This is TRUE! Not an April Fool's joke. I have a reliable source that told me about it at our last seat check a few months ago. I didn't share because I didn't know if it was public knowledge or not.
    Are you just in on the joke???

Geez, I don't know how you Americans handle the joke thing all day. I'm getting stressed out reading every thread now, wondering if it's real or not!