4 Booster Seats Compared PICS and Chart!

Yoshi

I did a comparison of four boosters that I own. Some of my measurements surprised me- in fact, the Vivo and PW are very close in max shoulder belt height due to different bases, even though side-by side the PW dwarfs the Vivo.

So here is the chart and my pics.(LOL- I couldn't get my chart into this post, so I took a picture of it:eek:)

***Please note:

Seat DEPTH was measured up to the beginning of the curve of the slope of the seat.

Seat WIDTH measurements look small because it is measured at the narrowest point where the seat back meets the seat bottom (the space where your child's bottom scooches back into)

All measurements are approximate, as I am a Sagittarius, and we are not excessively detail-oriented;)
100_4203.jpg

CLICK THUMBNAIL FOR SLIDESHOW:

ADS

Splash

That's it, you're done for. You created a chart? Oh wowzers...

Very pretty covers on all your seats! Thanks for the round up! Which do you prefer for every day use? What about your daughter? Does she love having Gs all over her seat?

Tara

Ooooo aaaaaah a chart. You rock!
So, yeah, ditto Splash...which do you prefer, hmm hmm?

Yoshi

That's it, you're done for. You created a chart? Oh wowzers...

Very pretty covers on all your seats! Thanks for the round up! Which do you prefer for every day use? What about your daughter? Does she love having Gs all over her seat?

Ooooo aaaaaah a chart. You rock!
So, yeah, ditto Splash...which do you prefer, hmm hmm?

I was feeling ambitious. That's about the extent of my ambitiousness, though- notice that I couldn't save the original chart as an image or get it into the post without resorting to low-tech means? I am challenged that way, LOL!

G really LOVES the Compass. It seems ergonomically more like sitting in a chair, KWIM? The lap belt didn't fit quite right last summer, but it seems to fit fine now, this is an '09 model, so maybe some belt guide changes? IDK. She also is very comfy in the Vivo, and despite its shorter seat pan, she can sit cross legged in it:confused:. We use that on weekends in the Civic (DH's car) As far as the G's on the TB, she was unimpressed. We bought it to use in case we fly and can take it apart and pack it. I also like the belt fit on her in the TB. Of course, her favorite COVER is the Cougar PW. I can never sell that seat, even if it's worth 3X what I paid for it! And that's the only one she sleeps comfortably in, as well.

MomToEliEm

Great comparisons! Thanks for showing me that. I was considering the Vivo for my DD#1, but after looking at the measurements and pictures, I realize probably a second monterey might be better.

Along with the booster shots, I loved the pictures of the cat in your album.

scatterbunny

Great post, thanks! :thumbsup:

I was also impressed with how low, overall, the Vivo sits in the car, despite adjusting very tall. Our Indy is the same way...nice and tall from seating area to shoulderbelt guide, but shorter overall than the Parkway, and many others. This is important for me, using boosters outboard in my Focus, because I have a very sloping roof that makes using the PW on the highest setting outboard impossible. The Indy works great, and so did the Vivo.

emandbri

I thought it would be cool to add more data to this thread.

here is some data from my seats. It was helpful that I also have a parkway so I could see exactly how you measured. The seat depth is the hardest!

monterey
lowest setting 15
highest setting 21
seat depth 12 1/2
seat width 9 1/2
head wing depth 6

prospect
seat depth 16
seat width 12

SGTex

Wow! That is great! I could have used this a few weeks back when my neighbor was replacing a booster she had!

I meant to add that we have a TB, PW & the Recaro and despite the shorter seat depth, my 7 yr old really likes the Recaro. He likes the PW too and prefers either over the TB. We've not used any for long rides though as he rides primarily in a Regent.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC