Think two Britax convertibles (any flavor) will fit SBS in a Forester?

Splash

One RF, one FF. Would prefer FF to be in the middle.

I've got a Marathon, BVs, and a RA. I'd like to put Charlie in the middle in the MA and Sam outboard in the RA, but I have my doubts as to if that will fit. I could put Sam in the SS1 sans base, but would rather keep him in a convertible.

ADS

bubbaray

Not center and outboard in an '09 Forester. We had one for a weekend. I could do pretty much any seats outboard, but nothing would fit center and definitely nothing 3 across. I even have 2 Radians to put in the mix and it was a no go. The seats on the '09s have a funny curve, so it also d/n matter if you install via LATCH or belts -- the seats can't be pushed further outboard even with a belt install b/c of the curve of the vehicle seat.

I really liked the '09 Forester otherwise, though.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I once had a RF RA center and FF MA outboard (and Turbo other outboard) with belts in my 2003 Forester and it was acceptable, but I didn't feel really good about it. There's a chance I could have felt better about it if I had more time to play, but it was a quasi-emergency.

crunchierthanthou

maybe. check out this thread for when I tried the same thing in my Outback (end of first post).
http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=31148

It was close and I only gave it one try. If I still had the RA, I would try reversing the order I put them in. There still wasn't much room for a third passenger, but it would at least allow the front seat to be back all of the way.

Splash

maybe. check out this thread for when I tried the same thing in my Outback (end of first post).
http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=31148

It was close and I only gave it one try. If I still had the RA, I would try reversing the order I put them in. There still wasn't much room for a third passenger, but it would at least allow the front seat to be back all of the way.

Thanks! I especially like this quote from that thread, in 12-07

I'm not Splash with an hour to devote to a so-so Subaru center install.

:ROTFLMAO: Wow, I have quite a reputation, eh? I tried to rep you for that quote alone, but rep is disabled on a post that old I suppose. Or maybe rep didn't exist then.

Anyway, thanks! If I know it *fits* then I can wrangle the install. The RA installs better with the belt RF anyway, LATCH just doesn't cut it. I know I can get an acceptable install of each independently, I'll just have to make them work together.

And make sure Charlie doesn't poke the baby.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC