2 kids nautilus or frontier, or one of each

Mommypooh

I have 3 kids, one is still RF in his BV. He is fine to stay in that.

My oldest DD is the one I need to make a choice on now for a seat. She is 45 inches, 41 lbs, and currently rides in a regent on the 3rd slots from the bottom with room to grow. I need to get rid of my Regent due to the size of it. I tried her in both the nautilus, and the frontier, I don't the nautilus for her as well as I like the frontier, plus the frontier would be the last seat for her and I have low seat backs in my van. So I need tall boosters. I have 2 9 year olds that ride in my van and they are at the tallest you can be and be safe cause of the head rests.

So what do I do for my daughter.

The other child I am considering getting a new seat for is my middle child. I love the fit of the nautilus on him. He is 33 lbs, 4 years old and about 38 inches tall. He is using the second set of slots in the nautilus. He likes it. I think he likes the frontier better cuase it is red I can't win.

So what would you suggest for him. He will likely be pretty short as he has been 5-10% for most of his life.

ADS

Splash

Since there are no headrests, I would go with the FN. That is the only reason I would choose it, though. If a new vehicle is in your future, I'd probably go with the GN.

daniele_ut

Based on your vehilcle's low seatbacks, I would be leaning towards the Frontier. :twocents:

The Nautilus doesn't require a headrest behind it, does it? I thought the Apex was the only harnessed booster that requires that. I just looked through the Nautilus manual and didn't see any mention of it. We have a Nauti in our Subaru, which has no rear headrests.

Evolily

The Nautilus doesn't require a headrest behind it, does it? I thought the Apex was the only harnessed booster that requires that. I just looked through the Nautilus manual and didn't see any mention of it. We have a Nauti in our Subaru, which has no rear headrests.

The issue is booster height- the frontier is tall enough to accommodate many adults. The nautilus is extremely short in comparison.

Mommypooh

I think I am leaning towards one of each. my middle child is so short it will be years before he is tall enough to require something else. My oldest is tall and getting taller everyday quickly.

I wish I knew if the parkway was going to be as tall as the frontier. That would make this easier on me.

Can anyone tell me how the nauti compares to the montery in booster height? just for thought for my middle child.

Splash

Monterey is taller than the GN. FN is taller than all of them.
I'd wait it out until the PW comes out if you possibly can.

Mommypooh

does graco sell covers for their GN yet? That would also make this easier cause I could buy one for my daughter and then, if I need to get a FN I could and then buy a new cover so one of the boys could use it. My daughter does prefer the GN right now.

Mommypooh

okay Graco does sell replacement seat covers for about $40 if you don't need the pad for the lowest slot which I don't at this point.

I am trying not too spend too much so maybe I will buy a Nautilus for now and then if I need to get a frontier for height I will at a later point and I can buy a new cover for my nauti to pass it down to the boys.

Anyone know where they are a good price? or any coupon codes. My daughter is mostly after the Miley.

daniele_ut

The issue is booster height- the frontier is tall enough to accommodate many adults. The nautilus is extremely short in comparison.

DS all legs anyway, and by the time he needs a booster the Nautis will probably be passed down to his little sister.

I ended up with the Nautilus because I was scared off by the installation issues people were having with the Frontier when it first came out and that was when I was shopping. We jus tbought 2 more because we know they work well in all of our vehicles now and ds really likes his seat. We did try him out in a Frontier at BRU and he liked that as well, but our Subaru is such a PITB I didn't even want to hassle with the Frontier.

Splash

Yes, Subaru and Frontier do not play well together.

Why would you need a new cover? Just buy one now, they'll deal with the covers. No point paying that much money for a t-shirt for your car seat!

Mommypooh

well that is part of getting her to give up her madison regent and keeping her happy so she will willingly sit in the seat. I don't want to fight her and if getting her the girly one will make my life a little easier then so be it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC