How much longer in the MA?

Splash

I really want to get rid of the Frontier. I wanted to send it back when I bought it, but AJ wouldn't let me. Now I'm just gonna sell the thing (think I can get $200 for it? It's only 2 months old) and deal with it.
I thought he had outgrown the MA, and he pretty much has in stores and such. Once installed though, he's about even with the 3rd slots, maybe even a smidge below. I could put that in my car for him (I so don't want to, but i will) for now, and then... I don't know. But the Frontier has got to go. I might buy another GN, but with the crotch strap issues right now, should probably wait.

He's 41ish pounds, 41ish inches, 3.5 years old. If he's even with the third slots, how long do you think he has in the MA? If I can get two years, I'm there. If i can get one year, I'll probably still do it.

ADS

Maedze

Even with the third slots gives him what, another 2" of torso growth?

I guestimate 1 year, 10 months, 3 weeks, four days, fourteen hours and 3 seconds, give or take 3 nanoseconds.

arly1983

LOL, Maedze!

J was a smidge above those slots at 2.5 and I freaked. Guess what, he just outgrew it at 4 yrs 1 month old. :rolleyes: All that worrying I could have saved myself.

Do you currantly have an MA?

Splash

Well, if I chuck the FN and the GN, I have two BVs, a MA, and a RA. And a SS1, but that doesn't count. I can put him in the BV in both cars until Sam outgrows the SS1. Then put one kid in the MA in the van, the other in the BV, or put two BVs in the van and the MA in my car for Charlie. We'd be set until Charlie outgrows the MA/BV or Sam outgrows the RA RF. I'm guessing it'll be the RA first, if he's anything like Charlie (who was too tall to RF in the RA before one year).

I also thought of getting a RN XT, using proceeds from the FN sale probably. But he hated the RN when we tried the first time. Maybe it'll be different this time around...

Maedze

Honestly, if he's only at the third slots now, and I know you've said he'll be a great booster rider, I wouldn't worry about the MA getting him to booster age unless you just want another seat to play with :whistle:

Splash

What was his issue with the RN? Was it the crotch strap?

No, I think it's the bolt upright angle coupled with a very hard seat. They've added some comfort foam to the bum now, right? It might work this time around. Oh, but I can't install it with the belt in my car. At least, not in the center and I didn't kill myself with outboard but I have my doubts there, too.

Honestly, if he's only at the third slots now, and I know you've said he'll be a great booster rider, I wouldn't worry about the MA getting him to booster age unless you just want another seat to play with :whistle:

Yeah, I've thought of that as well. If he got to 5, I'd be fine putting him in a booster in my car. Not before 5, though. Of course, I can always buy another seat when something comes out. Money is never an issue with his car seats, I just have to find the right seat. I thought the GN was the right seat, I really did. I love everything about it, except the crotch strap. even before the current hoopla, I've know that it was too tight on him to comfortably last very long. If they popped a third spot in there, I'd never seriously look back.

Sceason1972

My dd passed the 3rd slots in the Marathon when she was about 3.5. I thought we had a year at best left - well she still fits with at least an inch to go and she will be 5 in June. She is growing a ton too - but a lot of it is in her legs.

So it might be worth using the MA until he does outgrow it - who know what seats will be on the market at that point (even if it is before he's 5.) Now I have heard that kids outgrow the BLVD about a half inch before the MA - just something to ponder.

emandbri

Daniel was even with the third slots when I got my MA, he was 3 1/2 he fit in it until he was 6 1/2.

Benjamin was on the third slot before he was 3 and he outgrew it in Jan at 5 1/2.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC