Puke in THERE? **WARNING, nasty puke pics**

itzmeigh

Can I hose it out? (see the pictures)

It isn't much. but I'd like to gently with just fresh water hose it out. Would you do it? there is absolutely no way to reach in there with anything. (that I know of)

And yes, it is florescent green puke. There was snot and candy involved.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/scubalue/P1050769.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/scubalue/P1050770.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/scubalue/P1050771.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/scubalue/P1050774.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

Laurette

Re: Puke in THERE?

That has to be some of the nastiest pic I have ever seen. Q tips? A paper towel wrapped around a chop stick?

Good luck!

Synchro246

Well, if the puke didn't cause the metal to rust I think that some water and a very good airing out so it dries throughly would be fine.

-not a tech.

skylinphoto

Ahh! That's horrifying to look at!
I was eating gummy easter candies when I looked at those pics. BIG mistake.:thumbsdown:

I would say that water can't hurt...If water hurts, then puke does too..and that's already happened.

Lea_Ontario

That really needs a warning in the title, and quite possible LINKS to the photos instead of them right there.

The last thing I expected was photos of PUKE, even with the word in the title.

UGH.

Splash

I don't see anything even remotely disgusting. Did you change the pictures? Because I can't imagine anyone who has ever had a child would be grossed out by those pictures.

Yeah, hose it down, it'll be fine.

heyruthie

WARNING: Way TMI body fluids & CRs post:

OK, this reminds me of the time that my DS peed in his CR (I think it was an old Roundabout) when he fell asleep. So, I took the cover off and washed it. No prob, right? WRONG!!! He peed a lot more than I thought he did. I didn't know it, but the way the seat was constructed, there was somehow a reservoir-like area that ended up collecting (I kid you not!!!) at least 1 FULL cup of pee in there. Well, I keep driving around like this for, oh, 2 maybe 3 weeks, before I am OVERWHELMED at this odor that I can't discover the source of in my van. Finally, I de-installed ALL the carseats....and when I did??? This one poured all this rancid pee all over my leg/foot/shoe, etc. It was one of the most disgusting smells ever. I thought I might lose my lunch.

Did I hose that baby out??? Heck yeah. :thumbsup:

Misty-Bug

I don't see anything even remotely disgusting. Did you change the pictures? Because I can't imagine anyone who has ever had a child would be grossed out by those pictures.

I have to agree. That doesn't look disgusting at all. I was expecting to see POOLS of it! It just looks like green Play-doh.

I would try to use a chop stick with a cloth on it first. If I remember correctly you can put the buckle under warm water. Warm wash cloth for the straps.

lovinwaves

It's not the opening of the thread, it's the constant reminder of what I saw earlier in the title when I click on "New Posts." :p

I will never eat Jello for lunch again :(

And, here I go bumping it up again
teehee2.gif

Misty-Bug

It's not the opening of the thread, it's the constant reminder of what I saw earlier in the title when I click on "New Posts." :p

I will never eat Jello for lunch again :(

I must have missed nasty pics? Because those don't look gross to me. But then *TMI* I have held my kids head in a bucket while he puked

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Having seen the pictures in their original, in-line, visible in the OP state, the links to them are the same pictures. You aren't missing out on the puke gawking at all if you're brave enough to click on the links. :eek:

Misty-Bug

Having seen the pictures in their original, in-line, visible in the OP state, the links to them are the same pictures. You aren't missing out on the puke gawking at all if you're brave enough to click on the links. :eek:

ah! All the hype I thought there was pics that were more gross then these. This is nothing! lol

Splash

ah! All the hype I thought there was pics that were more gross then these. This is nothing! lol

Really, I'm surprised that such a to do is being made, enough for a mod to edit the post, over, uh, no puke. If it didn't say it was puke, no one would have known. I just figured there would actually be something gross.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Gross is relative and this way it's less in the face for those who can't resist looking at every new thread. :) Did the OP get her question answered or have we completely thread jacked this into a discussion of the nuances of grossness? ;)

itzmeigh

Sorry! I really didn't think they were that bad. haha! oops!

But question answered! I'm just going to hose it out a little tomorrow. Good news is that it didn't really get on the straps. We were super close to home and Mom was in the back seat near him (she was in the 2nd row and he was in the 3rd.) So we got it soaked up fast. There is a little on the harness where it goes into the crack near that spot and honestly I'm not at all worried about getting the harness a little wet with the water hose in that one area. (I wouldn't soak the whole harness, but there is little else I can do at this point.)

Thanks for the help! And sorry for the bad pictures! I'll try to edit better next time and remember that not every one is as strong stomached as me!

(Oh, and I totally get where you are coming from on the pee in that one area on the RA. We've gotten puke in there on the BLVD before too! It took me a minute to find it!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC