I put the picture of the true fit in my siggy and sleeping picture.....

emandbri

Poor baby's head fell over. I'm going to try a noodle to recline it a bit more.

DSC02299.JPG

I do think I like the radian for more leg room, but that might change after I get it reclined a bit more.

There is a picture of her in the radian in this thread.

http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=795585&postcount=25

ADS

Splash

She looks very odd in that. I'm used to the MA. Change it back.

What kind of super car do you drive that is wide enough to fit something beside a TF?

MoreLatte

We had head slump issues in the TF, especially with my youngest, but with both girls(FF).
It does look a little too upright, maybe once you recline it you'll have better luck. I think the MA just hugs them so well, it prevents the head slump.

emandbri

She looks very odd in that. I'm used to the MA. Change it back.

Well it will turn into a radian next week. ;) You will have to wait until she is FF to see the pretty Erin MA again!

What kind of super car do you drive that is wide enough to fit something beside a TF?

It is a 2004 toyota sienna. It is super wide. I'm fairly sure someone here has a picture of 3 regents in a row! :)

kaysmom

Cute pics!
We also have some head slump issues with our TF, more than with the MA, so I'm also toying with the idea of getting the noodle back out and seeing if that helps some.

Oh no that stinks with the head slump and may need a pool noodle.
My friend is deciding between a Truefit or MA for her 6 month old(she won't need it for another 2-3 months at least).

Those are some cute pics though!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I think increasing the recline a bit will fix the slump. It's hard to tell 100% based on the angle the picture was taken at, but the seat looks a bit too upright to me.

I'd also double check the crotch strap adjustment - it looks like she may have slid forward and that contributed to the slump?

seamonkeys

Have to say that's one reason I didn't like the TF! Well, kind of - the seat is so wide that DS2's head would flop way over to the side. In the MA it's just the perfect width for his head to rest on the side. I'm sure he never cared, but he looked so uncomfortable in the TF when he fell asleep!

Mommy0608

Did you try a noodle? Did that help?

I see you said you're going to switch to a Radian... are you getting rid of/returning the TF?

I have a few different sized noodles on hand, so I'm prepared to deal with the head slumping if it comes up. ;)

emandbri

Did you try a noodle? Did that help?

I see you said you're going to switch to a Radian... are you getting rid of/returning the TF?

I have a few different sized noodles on hand, so I'm prepared to deal with the head slumping if it comes up. ;)

I got the noddle in. It was a little hard to do the annoying lock offs with the latch belt over so far in the lock off with the noodle. I took some pictures but they didn't turn out well, I'll try again today.

I'm borrowing the true fit from Munchkin until the radian gets here.

NannyMom

So do you think more recline helped her with leg room? I can't wait to see pics :)

Mommy0608's thread made me question my decision of Radian over TF. Now you're making me happy I chose the Radian :) Same vehicle, same age child and all :) I liked the pic of her in the Radian with all the leg room.

emandbri

Here it is more reclined, ignore the sad face she is sick today. I found it interesting that when upright she needed the second notch and reclined she needs the 3rd.

DSC02313.JPG

She fell asleep and her head didn't slump at all.

I thought it might be too reclined but it is under 45 degrees. This is as reclined as the seat will go, I moved the seat to the further position back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC