How to keep the sun out of his eyes??

Mama Jo

I'm currently driving an 04 Malibu. The windows are not tinted, but I have cling-on window shades on the door windows in the back seat. But the sun comes right in the back window into DS's face. It wasn't such a problem when he was in the SS1 because I would just adjust the canopy or toss a blanket up over the handle to keep the sun out of his eyes. I can't do that with the BLVD. The weather is just now starting to get sunny on a consistent basis, and I don't know how to keep the sun out of his eyes! I even went so far as to buy one of the rear window shades that suctions onto the window (I know, I know, projectile...) but because of the way my defrost things are, nothing will actually stick to the back window, anyway. Not even the clingy ones. Anyone have any suggestions???

I'm in the market for a minivan, which I'm hoping will solve the problem to an extent. It's just a matter of getting to the car lot to drive one and sign on the dotted line. I just haven't had time. I keep saying I'll do it next weekend, and then other things come up and it just doesn't happen. So in the meantime, while I'm still driving the Malibu, what do I do??

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Something like this? http://www.autosunshades.net/ Disclaimer: I have never tried this one, it's just one that came up in my Google search. Just make sure you read reviews and get one that doesn't block your vision and actually blocks the sun. The one I linked to is apparently retractable so no worries of it blocking your vision at night.

Sunglasses if you child will keep them on?

Big floppy hats?
Might work if it's summer and if your kid will keep a hat on. In the winter mine have toques on the way to the vehicle, once she's in her seat, any hat goes flying off her head (along with mittens, shoes, socks) :)

ETA: okay, sorry I missed where you said the rear shades won't work in your vehicle. So, the shade I linked to is likely useless, sorry!

Mama Jo

There's no way the kid would leave a hat OR sunglasses on. I have a feeling I'm screwed and I need to just make time to get the stupid minivan. The poor kid is miserable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC