Question WWYD replace marathon for True Fit

U

Unregistered

Would you replace a marathon with a true fit? Any pros and cons of each seat. It will be used for both RF and FF. Thank you for helping.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
You're in Canada, right? If so, the True Fit has a higher rear facing maximum capacity of 35 lbs. vs. only 30 lbs. for the Canadian certified Marathon and thus you could keep your child rear facing longer in the True Fit, a worthwhile safety consideration. :twocents: Plus there's potentially longer term use heightwise forward facing in the True Fit. I would say the same thing in term of the True Fit's overall height capacity if you were in the U.S. as well, and/or if you happened to have a tallish child who might max out the Marathon rear facing by height before weight (rare but it could happen with a taller, thinner child) and this would be less likely to happen in the True Fit.

sparkyd

I recently replaced our RF Marathon with a RF True Fit for exactly the reasons the PP mentioned. I'm in Canada and the True Fit rear-faces up to 35 lbs instead of 30 for the Marathon. My son is 22 months old and is closing in on 30 lbs. I want to keep him RF as long as possible. As far as comparing the seats, if you do a search you'll find lots of info on the features of both seats as well as some comparisons. In brief, I like that the True Fit sits lower because I was starting to bonk DS's head putting him in the car in the Marathon, I like that he has way more room in the seat, especially for his legs when RF, and I like that it seems like the True Fit has more side impact protection (though there are no standards for this). I don't miss anything about the Marathon other than it is easier to loosen the harness when RF. I don't find it any easier to tighten the Marathon.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I did replace my MA with a TF and if I were to do it over again I'd get another TF. More room for a kiddo in every direction, and a higher rf'ing weight limit. :thumbsup:

(There are lots of comparison threads around, so I'll leave you to find those instead of going into detail here. ;))

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC