Talk to me about BACKLESS boosters

skaterbabs

We've replace the 3rd row bench in the Suburban with one that has head support (YAY!!) so now I need to find backless boosters for the boys until they get a more adult skeletal structure. CJ is probably close at 5 ft 2-ish and a 100+ lbs, but Gregory still has a ways.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Hmmm, I will go find a link!

2nd post.

The Dakota is wide, which is nice for a bigger kiddo. The Clek I show is actually the Canadian version, no armrests.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
My favorite backless boosters, of those I've used, are the Clek and the Graco Air.

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Graco Air is our favorite for almost 11yo DD. She weighs about 85? pounds and is 4'10". She has plenty of leg support and some room to grow width wise. I have not had the opportunity for her to sit in the Clek - it looks nice though.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Th Clek, atleast the Oto, I can sit in. The depth isn't great, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Kat_Momof3

the clek... hands down... Damian tried it so I could check out just how a wider kid would fit in it toward the limit (now that it's 120... he's 100lbs)... and he's upset that he is too tall to use it... he said he loves how comfy it is... depth with Olli really doesn't matter... it slants and then the cushy foam ends 1/2 or so inch from the edge, so it really lifts the thighs where it ends... lots of support that way.

I also love how it's just totally easy for anyone to buckle with the hard tall armrests that make it so effortless to thread the belt correctly and tighten it easily.

it makes me want to win the lottery (or get a surprise 300 bucks to splurge with) just so I could have an excuse to buy Ruthie the Oobr in a year or two... but ah, well.... I do love the Monterey...

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Nope, the armrests on the Airbooster are molded into the seat (not removeable and therefore no need for srews).

tiggercat

My Gregory loves the Clek Olli, it doesn't seem that deep when he sits in it, but it provides good support regardless.

skaterbabs

LOL I guess I do, Julie. We should have the Suburban back on the road here in a week or two. CJ may even be fine - he's showing some definite signs of puberty now. :eek: But Gregory is looking very squished in the PW....

Maedze

For big boys I would get either the Olli or the Dakota too :)

If you don't have LATCh in the third row, I'd probably skip the added cost of the Olli and get the Dakota.

I've played with a couple, and they are really nice NBBs :)

skaterbabs

Yeah, no LATCH in the Suburban. We replaced the '93 MY bench with the 95 MY bench. LOL Who carries the Dakoda?

Maedze

http://www.albeebaby.com/combi-dakota-backless-booster-seat-in-pewter.html

I've never seen it in stores, which is odd. It's pretty affordable.

That picture is not the greatest. It's actually pretty wide/deep (comparable IMO to the Prospect). The cover is mesh, but doesn't seem to pill.

It comes with a shoulder belt adjuster, but I doubt either of your big boys would need it.

Someone in Bean the First's preschool has it for their BARELY 3 and maybe 30 pounds baby girl, and she's swimming in it :(

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I can't believe I don't own one yet... I think I saw it like $24 once somewhere (setting the bar for what I'd pay online), and it's typically $29+shipping or $39 and I just can't bring myself to hit the 'buy' button anywhere to get it. Maybe I will get it for Kar before he comes home in June, though...he looked kind of 'perched' on the Olli last time I put him in it, though he never complained about riding in it, said it was his favorite.

skaterbabs

It seems to work just fine. We have to replace the tires and a few other things before the car is actually drivable. (New plates, that sort of thing.)

Thanks for the link!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC